Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 14:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Modified)
Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!
Progress: 30%

Thanks a lot Sabi for the information you posted. i looked at the pages and the clothes and SHOES that I love are very nice. I wonder if they send the clothes to Spain???

I`m feeling really bad. TOM is visiting me, and I am pretty sick now , I have this cramps that I feel I am going to pass out at any moment. I feel soooo bloated!!! Responding to the PMS thing, I have to say, that this is the 1st month that I am in this Diet, and I was PMSing for one entire week before my period. Maybe you are right, and this WOE makes PMS and TOM worse. Before I was PMS 1 or two days before.

Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 14:35

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 244/227.3/189 Female 6'0"
BF:51%/??/30%

Ugh! I just got my period, too. I am happy enough about it because I'm hoping it means all those PMS symptoms with subside. I haven't felt this bloated in a while!

I hope you feel better soon!

Cheers,
Wabi

p.s. Congrats on the 20 pounds!

Last edited by wabi_sabi : Mon, Sep-22-03 at 14:37.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 16:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/247/165 Female 178 cm
BF:
Progress: 34%

Becky : Congratulations !!!!! Way to go !
Wabi: Thanks for the info. The problem for me is that whenever I buy something online from another country the price is so high because our currency is not worth much, plus, theres obscene shipping and handling fees, plus, I have to pay import taxes when the product arrives. So its incredibly expensive. I bought the Ketosix strips from the Atkins site and I guess they cost something like US$ 13. With all those fees and taxes I ended up paying close to US$ 100.... But I'm going shopping in London next month. It's not like the US but its a start...
You guys are all talking about TOM and PMS and I missed my period last month... I guess that is what losing 25 kg in less than 3 months does to your body (NO, I'm not pregnant, Thank God!). But I was frustated because I was planning to have a IUD, or DIU or whatever you call those metal things you get inserted in your uterus as an anticoncepcional. Anyway, you can only get them during your period. No period, no IUD... And I was hoping to be able to go off the pill. One thing that I don't need right now is to take a hormone every day that makes it harder for you to loose weight : )
Well, take care you all !
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 07:35
Registered Member

Thanks so much Gals for your support, cheers and encouragement. Means a looooooooooot to me, really
Well for the past 2 days I have been eating really bad. I don`t even get past the 1000 cals! But is just that I feel so bloated, and I never before felt this way...is very weird. I don't want to weigh until nex monday, so I will not get upset, because I am sure I am retaining water...I just don't get to go pipi as many times as I used to .!!!

Well, I am going to TRY to eat something...talk to you later!
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 09:39
Registered Member

Default ooooh yes I did

Hey TODAY I CHEATED!!!

I CHEATED SOOOO BAD ....BUT NO PROBLEM....NEED TO START ALL OVER. ME KETOSTIX DON'T EVEN TRACE KETONES...IS NOT A BIG DEAL....HAD 2 CUPS ON CHOCOLATE FROSTED PUFFED RICE!!! I HAD THIS SUGAR CRAVING...GOT MY PERIOD....
WHAT I HATE THE MOST ABOUT "CHEATING" IS THAT I HAD TO CHANGE THE "CHEAT FREE LOGO"...HUMMMMM.
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 11:12
Registered Member

Default check this out, is funny

you have to check this out....Is really funny but it is true...

http://www.cs.uwf.edu/~ccarr/JayLeno.asf
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 17:40

Thanks for the laugh!

Sorry about your cheat, Becky. You know what I do when I feel like a cheat? I check out the recipes in the kitchen section and make myself up a "legal" treat.

I made the deep dish pizza last night. OMG was it good!
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 07:03

BF:

Becky, that was sooooo funny - and true !
Yesterday was my super-ultra-mega carb day. I do it once a month and this was my third. I discovered it near the end of month 1 of the diet, when I got really frustrated after maaaaaany days without losing anything... I just went out and ate eveything I knew I shouldn't. I mean, really everything. Bread, chocolate, pasta... Surprise, surprise.... I started losing again. The same thing happened near the end of month 2. I did the same thing and it worked again. This is the end of my 3rd month and I feel that all the weight I lost this month was during the first 2 weeks. Nothing in the last two weeks... So yesterday my husband and I went to our favorite Italian restaurant and I had (hold on to your seats !!!!): lots of Italian bread (warm with olive oil), then, fettuttini with pesto sauce and shrimps, THEN, pecan pie with vanilla ice-cream. THEN, my husband had a little surpise for me waiting at home: my absolute favorite treat in the world: almond paste covered in chocolate. It was heaven! I know you must think I went completely nuts, but this thing has worked for me before and I though that it was worth to give it another try. I read in the Atkins book something about all-fruit days or all-pasta days and how those days are supposed to shock your system into action again.
I don't need to tell you that I don't have the guts to weight today, but I will by the end of the week and tell you the results....
The funny thing is that I hear everybody saying that after a while of low-carbing if they eat too many carbs they feel nauseated, bloated, sick, constipated and so on... Let me tell you: I feel terrific ! No problem at all. What can I say ?
I just hope this works again, our I'll be in big trouble....
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 08:30
Registered Member

A N A C E C I L I A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I only had two cups of chocolate forsted puffy rice!!!!!!!!
You really indulged!!!! I E N V Y YOU!!!!

I really think that once in a while it is good to have one CARB UP day. This is what the Weight lifters do. I am glad you did not feel Bad at all. I am also glad you enjoyed it. Plus, you have lost 50 pounds already, so it was like your "celebrating day"...Now, time to get on track. and look forward to break the 220 lbs barrier!

I am glad you I made you laugh.

See ya later.
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 09:35

BF:

Becky: My motto is: if you're gonna do it, do it right!
Now, seriously, I only did it now because I had done it before and knew the consequences. Iwouldn't have the corage to jeopardize all my efforst if I didn't know what the consequences would be...
Today I'm right on track again !
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 15:04
Registered Member

Talking

Weigh-in day is tomorrow......
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 15:16
Registered Member

OHHHH! I started doing pilates today and by body hurts sooooo muuuuch...This can give you an idea of how my physical condition is....
At least I am doing good for my body.

I was going to have this chicken breast for lunch, but I think that it was not in very good conditions...to the point that in the fist bite I ...ough!!!!
then I did this tuna fish with Mayonaise...but was hard for me to eat it....I got so disgusted with the chicken!!!!

Now tht I haven't been able to swollow meat I am having pork skins. Lots of protein and fat, and 0 carbs. they are sooo gooood. I found a bag of 350 gms for only 0.52€!!!!! Really exciting!

I have no Idea where Charlotte is. I am really worried! since last Friday I have no news from her. No new postigs since then!!!!

Talk to you later.
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 15:18

Ugh! Don't remind me. Isn't your weight supposed to go down?

Well, TOM is nearly done and I haven't managed to get rid of the excess weight. The only thing I can think of is that I had about 60 carbs on Saturday instead of my usual 20. Mum sabotaged me - unknowingly by using a soy compound instead of a soy flour.

Ana, I'm kinda jealous that you can have a carb day like that and STILL lose weight. Seems that just doesnt work for me. More power to you.

Well, I'm not giving up yet.

Weigh with you soon!

Wabi
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 08:34
Registered Member

Hi there1

Weigh-in day....so here we go

Becky 10/09/03................103.4/101.9/101.6
Char 10/09/03..................104.2/ X/X
Wabbi 12/09/03................101.4/100.7
Ana C 17/09/02................102/102.3/

I was really happy on monday, because I had reach my 20 pounds loss, and now, I see that I have only lost 300 grams! But Tom has been visiting, and I cheated last monday, so this might be the reason why. I haven't been able to get into ketosis. I think that having the period has lots to do with it. Hopefully next week will be much better. Gsh! Is hard to break the 100kg Barrier, Isn't it?

Last edited by becky160 : Thu, Sep-25-03 at 08:45.
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 12:21

BF:

Hummmm.... Not a good day for weight in.... But I promissed myself I wouldn't get too depressed because my super-hyper carb day was just two days ago and I'm probably not even back in ketosis yet... So here it goes: 102.7 kg Plus, I stopped my bc pills two days ago to try and have a period by tomorrow so that I could have my IUD inserted, so I guess I might say that I'm pre-menstrual right now.... Ok, Ok, I'll admit: I'm the queen of excuses... I SWEAR that I'll have a good loss next week, though.
By the way, let me go and grab a bottle of water !
See you !