Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 06:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 184/184/129 Female 5'4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Exclamation HELP!!!what did I do wrong during fat fast???

[SIZE=1]COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Arial]Please help me!!! I finished a fat fast last firday. I followed it to the letter and lost 4#. I went back to induction for the rest of the weekend. I weighed myself this morning and I had gained it all back plus 1# more.
Doing the fat fast was hard because I was hungry and I had to force my self to eat all that fat. I had not lost anything in 2 months prior to that even though I drink my water, exercise, watch my fat intake and make sure I don't eat way too many calories.
I still have plenty of fat on me especially around my mid section, so I know I can afford to loose quite a few more pounds. All my work seems useless.
What did I do wrong?
What do I need to do now??

Please help!!! [/FONT[/COLOR

Last edited by maryp : Mon, Sep-22-03 at 06:30.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 06:51

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Don't know - but if you're stuck why not try 4 or 5 days on Stillmans - high protein, low fat, 0 carbs. It works for me. (Only 5 days or your body starts to think you're starving and slows down your metabolism).
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 07:18

BF:

RCFletcher,

what kind of foods do you eat?
Is the stillmans allowed/ encouraged by Atkins?

Thanks
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 07:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/155/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 39%

You weren't supposed to do a fat fast, that's what you did wrong.

Dr. Atkins is very clear that a fat fast is for the metabolically resistent. If you have already lost 40#, that does not apply to you.

My roommate does the same thing as you all the time, with the same results.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 09:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/202.5/159 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 44%

Do you use Fitday.com to track your food, activity, etc. I have found it to be very revealing. If so can you make it public and post a link and we can have a look and see if we can make any suggestions. Seems like you've make excellent progress so far...let see what we can do to get you over this bump...and on to a whoooosh!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 09:45

Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

Well if you read the atkins site (like you should have) you would have seen that you are suppose to follow the fat fast with modified fat fast, so that you dont gain weight. You are really close to your goal, the main thing thats going to help you now is exercise, but good job so far!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 10:08

Plan: atkins, somewhat
Stats: 200/169/140 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 52%

you probably didnt really "gain" all the weight (since you havent consumed enough calories (im assuming) to gain 5 lbs so fast, its probably water since your body is in shock when you went off the fat fast. most likely, if you stay on induction now, those 5lbs will come of somewhat quickly when your body gets used to induction again
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 10:11

BF:

I wrote down what a day on the fat fast was like for me. I didn't do cardio and weight lifting every day.

Please comment here's the link:
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...ml?Owner=maryjp
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 13:15
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

new_here is likely right. Keep up the water and don't stay at induction level carbs for a while. The additional nutrients - ie salt- may be making you retain water. My fat fast did jumpstart me after a stall, but the loss rate remained very slow.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 21:46
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

The same thing happened to me. I tried the fat fast and lost 5 pounds. I went back to induction eating and it all came back. 1 week on induction though and it was back off. Not only that but the week on induction didn't make me feel starved, sick, and bored like the fat fast. Just stick to induciton and stay away form fat fast since you are losing well already.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 23:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Modified)
Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!
Progress: 30%

Fat Fasting is for people that have a very high Metabolic resistance. I don't see that you have one because you have lost already a lot of weight.

Stick with induction by taking 20 grams of carbs a day. If in a week you do not loose ANY weight, then lower your carb intake to 15gms of carbs...If that does not work either, go down to 10 gms of carb a day.

Keep a record of all the food you eat, and use the fitday.com food charts.

Drink Water until you float.

Good luck!!!

PS: I suggest you read again the Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution book to get you back in track.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 03:24

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

i would try fat fast only as a last resort. i know eating so much fat isn't supposed to make you hungry, but man i really get the munchies when i eat say a stick of butter, than a nice juicy steak.. weird huh?