Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 09:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, Low carb
Stats: 157/135/130 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 81%

The SF lime jello and cream cheese mixture has become almost a daily snack for me lately. It is so good and filling. I take 1 box SF lime jello, prepare per package and add 4 oz cream cheese (softened in microwave), mix and refrigerate. Soooo good!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 09:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/120/130 Female 5"3
BF: ?
Progress: 120%

I am going to try the lime jello thing, I usually mix lime jello powder with cottage cheese and a couple of tablespoons of cream.... but the cream cheese sounds way better!!!

cheers,
Judi
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 15:23
Registered Member

Stats: 200/176/176 Male 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Mixing sugar free jello and whipping cream is the best since the combination contains ZERO carbs.

By the way, when you buy whipping cream make sure the label reads "Total carbs=0/seving". Some of them contain 1 gram / teaspoon serving which means 16 grams in the smallest pack.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 15:35

Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Shirley,
My children bring the jello/cr. cheese to school everyday. When we started eating lc I came across this recipe and thought it is the perfect replacement for yogurt. Maureen
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 18:46

Stats: 160/?/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default jello and cream cheese question

Is there a recipe or do you make the jello according to package directions then add cream cheese? It seems to me that it would be hard to set up if you did that, however I am a terrible cook so what do I know LOL!!
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 19:25

Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Dear Island,

Soften 4 oz. cream cheese then use a hand mixer until the lumps are out. Prepare 1 box of jello according to directions. Slowly pour jello into cream cheese mixing to keep it smooth. Pour into your container and chill until set. I went to the party store and purchased 4 oz disponable containers and lids (take out salad dressing size). I get 7 servings (I don't fill to the top). They taste just like Yoplait custard style yogurt. My children take them to school everyday. Works great when doubling the recipe too. When making it with orange jello its comes out tasting like a creamsicle. I know you can do this. Enjoy. Maureen
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 19:37

Stats: 220/182.5/145 Female 63 inches
BF:alot!
Progress: 50%

Whipping cream definitely has carbs, even if it says O carbs per serving. check on fitday...I think 1 cup has about 1.6 carbs? The sf jello is minimal but still .4 carbs per box.

Froufie