Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 09:01
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%
Default BFL when on vacation

Hi Everyone,

I just came back from a week’s vacation in Osoyoos, in the Okanogan. It was great. I also started week 1 of challenge 2 while there. The really cool thing is that my SO, Trish, decided to start Challenge 1 at the same time. So we found the worlds friendliest gym in Osoyoos and started there. It was a tiny place, but the staff were walking around and asking people how they were doing all the time. The staff were helping people with there routines and helping them do the exercises properly. The place had a great ambiance. The owner told me they had only been open for 3 months and there membership was up to 300 already. I guess that shows what great staff can do for a gym. I even saw a BFL article taped to the wall.

I like my new routine a lot. Although the new HIIT routine of 30 sec. jog followed by a 30 sprint is killing me. But cardio has always been my weakness, so I'll adjust to it.

We even managed (for the most part) to maintain 6 meals a day while there. We'd just pack up meals in the morning before heading to the beach for the day. It was a great little inexpensive vacation. I slept a lot; I just got very relaxed and couldn't keep my eyes open.

Glad to be back,
Arnie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 19:48

Plan: Restarted LC 8/23/06
Stats: 254/208/175 Female 5'8"
BF: Moo
Progress: 58%

Welcome back, Arnie!

That totally gives me hope for when vacations and holidays come up. There's a Men's Health (I think) special issue out that has some tips on staying on track while out of town.

Congrats on "converting" your SO!

badgoat
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 07:50

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Glad to hear you rested up, Arnie. Sounds like you had a great holiday. I have my fingers crossed for Trish

Nat