Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 12:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/290/200 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%
Thumbs up Do you all have a Journal?

I just saw this part of the forum and went and set one up. It seems that it would be a useful tool and I was just wondering how many of you all have one?

Have a wonderful LC day!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 20:58
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Welcome! I think most of us have a journal in which to write, rant, read, rest, resist, roam, and ribald. A chart of the journey and the friends met along the way.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 23:38
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Smile

I love having a journal here!

Sometimes it's a way to catch up with new friends, other times I use it to keep me accountable ... for instance, I was having a hard time getting enough water in. I tracked it in my journal until it has become a habit. Things like that. Also, going back and seeing how far I've come. I'm always aware of how far I have to go, but I rarely look back and say, 'wow ... there's been some serious progress". A journal is ideal for this purpose!

And as MisterE notes, it's good for rants. You know, when your Mom insists that you just have one piece of pecan pie, that it won't kill you, etc., and you need a place to dump your frustrations. People come along and share their experiences and before you know it, you're feeling supported all over the place.

Last edited by AntiM : Sat, Sep-20-03 at 23:40.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 18:30
Contributing Member

Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

I was nervous about writing a journal and posting. The subject of weight loss is a very personal one to me. I'm finding that if I put into words my thoughts, and post those words in front of other people, it helps to make knowledge, goals, and changes to my WOE more concrete.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 21:04
Registered Member

Stats: 323/293/200 Male 73"
BF:
Progress: 24%

This is a personal decision. For most people, a journal is a great tool for all the reasons stated elsewhere in this thread.

For me, I find that a journal really does not help. It becomes too much of a chore rather than a WOL. Again, this is my personal decision.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 17:38
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Lots of us have journals. If you read someone's post and you want to know more about them, you can click on the journal icon at the bottom of their post (next to profile, pm, search, buddy) to get to their journal.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 18:35
Registered Member

Stats: 320/290/200 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

Thank you all! I haven't written in my journal since the first entry. I guess I should, it may help me stay on track.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 12:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Modified)
Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!
Progress: 30%

I really really love having a journal here. Is my home in this forum. Anyone can come visit me, leave a post, read my posts, and encourage and support me in daily basis.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 12:11

Stats: 425/322/240 Female 68 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 56%

I have one, but I'm not very good at keeping up with it. I usually spend my time here catching up with other people and forget to catch people up with me.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 16:22
wrkn off da baby fat

Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I love the journals here...great way to get to know people..understand everyone's personal journeys and get the chance to share your own. Its a great place to get a lot of encouragement and support. Good luck with journaling.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 17:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 350/307/185 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:51%
Progress: 26%

Hi. I really like my journal. I can process the day, and put my ideas in there, and talk to myself as I go through the day. MrE is right... it is a great place to rant and rave and keep myself accountable to myselkf.

Rena
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 18:37

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'm so grateful that I can journal here...

I've tried journalling many times before, but this time it works for me. Aside from the fact that journalling is a great way of recording the facts, dates and times (and bumps in the road), it also keeps me involved during those times when I need to take a little time off from other areas of the forum. And it goes without saying that I've made some wonderful friends and experienced the extreme generosity of others via my journal.

Oh, one other thing...it can be highly motivational to return to your earlier journal entries if you find yourself slipping. I know many, many people who have benefited from doing so.

So journal!

Donald
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 21:17
Registered Member

Plan: My own custom blend
Stats: 275/254/125 Female 5'2
BF:Plenty, want some?
Progress: 14%

I'm a writer, so anything involving writing is fascinating to me. I've been involved as a volunteer moderator with the SBC (formerly Prodigy Internet) Communities' Books and Writing Bulletin Board for almost 4 years now. SBC is shutting us down on the 24th of this month, and so I've been looking around desperately for another forum to run my online journal on. Since the old one had become very involved with my endless weightloss battles, it was a natural to bring it over here, and it was really one of the things that got me to register after lurking for quite a while. I even gave my journal here the same title - Slices Of Life - because I just couldn't stand to let it die out. You know, us writers just love to get attention anyway we can!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 12:49

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 357/291/175 Female 68 in
BF:52.54%/46.5%/25%
Progress: 36%

I have a journal, but I seldom write in it. I do have a journal at home by my bed that I write in every night though....doesn't really do you guys any good though, does it...Sorry.