Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 22:55

Plan: Atkins-CKD
Stats: 175/158.9/130 Female 5'2
BF:??/29.6/19
Progress: 36%
Default Isn't this GRAND!!!---My random thoughts of today

Just a little update and random thoughts. I've been lc for about 6 weeks, not sure how much weight I loss, b/c I refused to weigh myself at my worst...I figured if I never saw the scale say it, then I never weighed that amount.....hahaha. However I was squeezing into a size 12, and now I'm squeezing into some size 8's. Seriously I had one pair of jeans left that I could fit. And pants....I had to wear big tops b/c alot of my pants wouldn't actually close so I'd do a zip and tuck, zip them as high as i could and flip the rest under so it wouldn't undo....how sad. Anyhoo all those close are fitting quite loosely in the legs, a little snug in the waist but def. not cutting off the circulation hahaha.

I sooo love the feeling of wearing pants and having all this extra space in them!!! I find myself looking at my reflection in anything when I walk past.

People are really starting to notice my weight loss!!! My mom started commenting the second week and I just thought she was trying to keep me motivated or something.

Funny thing though, I really don't see the weight loss, I look in the mirror and see the same thing I saw two monthes ago, I only KNOW b/c of how my clothes fit, but I guess thats how I got fat too, not being able to see the weight gain. Is it just me.

I've been quite sick this past week, so I have been carb loading, at least thats what I call it. But maybe that will shock my system or something....I should be back on track by the end of this week though. And I'm going to start going to the gym, its already mapped out, I'm soo excited. This is the first diet....I know I know its not a diet but you know what I mean, that actually seems like something I could do long term. I'm starting to visualize what I will look like in 3/6/9 mths down the road. One of my goals is to compete in a Figure competition, but thats way down the road.

Most importantly, I'm 27 years old, and from the time I can think of....at least 8th grade so 13/14 I have been plagued with constant headaches, almost daily like clockwork some worse than others, some would last more than one day. In fact, I got to the point where I would take medication before I got a headache b/c I knew it was coming.......Since starting Atkins, I think I've only had a few headaches and it was usually around the time I had a coke(serious former addict). This is such a breakthrough for me, to realize all this time the food i was eating was causing me so much pain. I honestly think that I WOULD have developed Diabetes later in life b/c I have serverly tortured my body with all the simple sugars and empty carbs, I have seen a lot of the warning signs plus I was/am?? hypoglycemic which is a early warning sign i think.

wheeeew......deep breath. okay......guess thats all i have to say :-) Just wanted to share that.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 23:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Well congratulations! You are doing greaaaaat! Why don't you put on that old size 12 pair of pants that you were "squeezing" into and I bet you notice the weight loss then. Glad you are feeling better!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 23:35

Plan: Atkins-CKD
Stats: 175/158.9/130 Female 5'2
BF:??/29.6/19
Progress: 36%

Oh I did....Just today in fact.

Its so inspiring to lose weight....all of a sudden I feel like the mall is calling my name.

Seriously though, my mom is smaller then me and she is starting to get worried b/c I'm starting to be able to wear her stuff!!!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 00:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 254/215/150 Female 64"
BF:C198/T126/H53/L120
Progress: 38%

Excellent work! Dont be afraid of the carbo-loading-I had to do that when I was sick too. Just remember how great you felt LC-ing and you'll be fine! It looks like you already have a wonderful game-plan!