Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 21:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/198/135 Female 5' 7
BF:
Progress:
Smile On 3rd week of Atkins, staying with induction

Hello all, I am new to this site and can't believe there's something like this out there. Thank goodness! It's nice to have support wherever you can get it from. After losing 9 lbs in two weeks, I just stepped on the scale this morning and realized I gained a pound!! What is up with that??? I know I shouldn't pay so much attention to the scales, especially when it could be hormone related, etc., but still it sucks and I'm bothered by it.

BTW, I made the atkins mini walnut brownies and YUCK - it was like a wet kitchen sponge..disgusting. They looked and smelled delicious, but the taste made me sick to my stomach - it was that bad. The endulge bars, however, all kinds, are wonderful. I also just discovered that Russell Stover's makes chocolate candies made with sucralose - and they are the best chocolate I've tasted on Atkins so far. The Pecan Delights (like Turtles) and the Peanut Butter Cups are to die for, really!

I look forward to talking with you all!

-Jeanine
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 21:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Welcome! Yeah, don't worry about the extra pound. It's probably water weight. I know it's discouraging though. It's to the point where I don't weigh anywhere around TOM because I know the scale will be up. I also don't weigh but once every week or two because the normal variances we all have was driving me crazy! I am pretty much staying at induction levels of carbs and I am almost 4 months into the diet. I don't call it induction anymore because I am eating some foods that aren't allowed on induction and was told by someone here that when you do that reguardless of what your carb intake is, you are in OWL. So I am in the OWL phase but for the most part keeping carb levels at induction level. Congratulations on your success and we are really happy to have you join us here. This forum is addictive but it's full of info and support. Check in often, okay?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 09:58
HELP!!!

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/175/140 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 56%

walmart sells pure delight chocolate bars that really are wonderful. I buy them all the time. Stace
ps I live in south florida too.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 16:01
Nequaquam Vacuum!

Plan: The Zone, Fat Flush
Stats: 178.5/147.5/147.7 Female 64 inches
BF:more than enough
Progress: 101%

Hi, I'm just starting my third week, too.
The atkins bars almost always stopped/slowed my weight loss on the days that I ate them. I even gained a pound. When I stopped eating them, the weight dropped back down and I feel like I am still losing although weigh in day isn't for a few days.
Everyone is different but I've noticed by reading a few threads here that a bunch of people have had the same "stalling" result when eating the Atkins bars.
Hope that helps!