Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   On 3rd week of Atkins, staying with induction (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=137859)

mygoal:135 Wed, Sep-17-03 21:32

On 3rd week of Atkins, staying with induction

Hello all, I am new to this site and can't believe there's something like this out there. Thank goodness! It's nice to have support wherever you can get it from. After losing 9 lbs in two weeks, I just stepped on the scale this morning and realized I gained a pound!! What is up with that??? I know I shouldn't pay so much attention to the scales, especially when it could be hormone related, etc., but still it sucks and I'm bothered by it.

BTW, I made the atkins mini walnut brownies and YUCK - it was like a wet kitchen sponge..disgusting. They looked and smelled delicious, but the taste made me sick to my stomach - it was that bad. The endulge bars, however, all kinds, are wonderful. I also just discovered that Russell Stover's makes chocolate candies made with sucralose - and they are the best chocolate I've tasted on Atkins so far. The Pecan Delights (like Turtles) and the Peanut Butter Cups are to die for, really!

I look forward to talking with you all!

-Jeanine

Lori H Wed, Sep-17-03 21:47

Welcome! Yeah, don't worry about the extra pound. It's probably water weight. I know it's discouraging though. It's to the point where I don't weigh anywhere around TOM because I know the scale will be up. I also don't weigh but once every week or two because the normal variances we all have was driving me crazy! I am pretty much staying at induction levels of carbs and I am almost 4 months into the diet. I don't call it induction anymore because I am eating some foods that aren't allowed on induction and was told by someone here that when you do that reguardless of what your carb intake is, you are in OWL. So I am in the OWL phase but for the most part keeping carb levels at induction level. Congratulations on your success and we are really happy to have you join us here. This forum is addictive but it's full of info and support. Check in often, okay?

shoshie Thu, Sep-18-03 09:58

walmart sells pure delight chocolate bars that really are wonderful. I buy them all the time. Stace
ps I live in south florida too.

Jbbrennan Thu, Sep-18-03 16:01

Hi, I'm just starting my third week, too.
The atkins bars almost always stopped/slowed my weight loss on the days that I ate them. I even gained a pound. When I stopped eating them, the weight dropped back down and I feel like I am still losing although weigh in day isn't for a few days.
Everyone is different but I've noticed by reading a few threads here that a bunch of people have had the same "stalling" result when eating the Atkins bars.
Hope that helps!