Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 16:16

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! you are doing great!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 10:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / Low sodium
Stats: 322.5/275/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Cool Thanks!!

Hi again!

Thanks for all the responses and well-wishes!

I am feeling better today than yesterday and the day before. Sometimes it takes awhile to get over the let-down from a 'bad' weigh-in. Sometimes I feel like I've let everyone down, I assume they will all think I've been cheating, and I feel ashamed, even if I haven't done anything wrong. A product of my upbringing, I suppose.

I have decided that I have to be more in control of my own feelings, and not let other people get to me, and ask if I have lost more weight since the last time I saw them, and if not they then ask why I haven't lost weight this week. Some people are ignorant, and I am not going to tell them of my progress anymore, since they rarely have anything positive to say, even though I have lost nearly 80 POUNDS PERMANENTLY! They can't see the big picture, I guess I have to keep reminding myself it's not about them, and get more agressive if they can't back off. *SNARLS* LOL!

Thanks again, and I am glad to be a member here.

Diana
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 18:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/288.5/135 Female 5'6 and a half
BF:too ***#* much
Progress: 12%

hi! Just wanted to say welcome and congratulations on the weight loss. Wow! 77 lbs that phenomenal!!! I'm glad to see herbal magic does work. Yeah, I've heard of it too. It must be a mainly canadian based company. Anyway don't let anyone get you down,. We've all had those interfering so and sos. Just smile and remember how far you've come. That's whats remarkable.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 18:51
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana D
Well, Herbal Magic is a one-on-one support group (client and counsellor, no other clients) that requires its clients to take herbal supplements for weight loss (mainly to reduce water retention, have more muscle retention, some appetite control, and general health/well being supplements. However, I beleve the support is worth more than the supplements. It is a bit pricey, so not everyone can go, however. It was an extremely high priority to me to lose weight, so I would have paid anything when at my highest weight (322.5).

It has worked for me, unlike WW, where all the members can openly critisize/chastise you on gaining, or stare at you and point fingers because most of the women there (at least in my case) were only 130-160 pounds, and at the time I was over 200. Or weight Loss Clinic, where I was forced to go on a starvation diet under 900 calories a day, and lost 100 pounds in 6 months and almost DIED... I have been sick of the weight loss industry until I found my niche.

So, while it may be expensive, I have opted to stay at least until I am comfortably below the 200 pound mark (ie: 195 and no chance of it getting higher again) before I decide whether to stay the course with them, or change over to Atkins at that point. I'm keeping my options open, because NOTHING has ever worked for me before, and I am hesitant to 'quit' from fear of packing the weight back on due to my eating disorder. We'll see how it goes after the New year, I suppose.

For more info, Herbal magic is a starch-restricted and somewhat carb restricted (although maybe not as much as Atkins) diet, that allows heathy fats, and promotes higher fiber and less starchy fruits, veggies and grains. Actually similar to Atkins, though I don't count carbs. Jeez, I've typed into my lunch hour! LOL! Thanks for the response, Liz. Hope to talk to you again!

Hi Diana, I hate to have to mention this but if you have a look at Rule 2 of our forum rules (to which you clicked "I agree" when you joined) you'll see that it is against our policy to support clinic type plans such as the one you are on.

So I would strongly suggest that you switch to another plan a lot sooner than you had planned to. If you go to "Which low carb plan is right for me?" at the right side of the screen, you'll see summaries of the major plans. You may even find one that is very similar to the plan you are currently following.

If you do wish to stay on your plan, you will find support at the following sites: http://www.diettalk.com/ and http://www.3fatchicks.com/

I wish you every success.

Rosebud
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 10:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / Low sodium
Stats: 322.5/275/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default I am confused...

Rosebud, here is the paragraph that you had pointed out to me:

Please consult your doctor and read a book!

Our support forum is for persons who want to help themselves; and to share ideas with low-carbers from around the web. Many excellent low carbohydrate plans exist, all are welcome. It is beyond the scope of our support community to prescribe a diet plan for you, so we encourage you to consult your doctor and read one or more of the published program books. Once you've decided which plan is right for you, we are here to help you along the way. Please note, we only discuss published plans, not proprietary, clinic-only type of plans as these require personal and/or professional supervision, and we cannot give medical advice or service.

In my opinion, this paragraph describes the diet I am on, which is a low-carb diet. It does mention that you only discuss published plans, and not those in a clinic setting, since they require personal or professional supervision, and you cannot give medical advice or service. I never asked for any of those, and only disclosed my plan when asked what it was, since the person questioning me about it did not know about it. I do not discuss the details of my diet (except in that one instance, when asked) I am here for support, like everyone else, and to gain encouragement, and glean all the information I can from this site before I switch over.

Nowhere in that paragraph does it say I am not allowed to join or participate in conversations NOT surrounding the logistics of my plan. There is more to losing weight than the plan you are on. I wanted moral support, not advice on my menus. I have never posted them. From the last sentence, I did not see how I am not allowed to participate. It does not say it is against policy to participate, just that you only discuss certain plans. What about people who are 'winging it', or taking a little of this plan, and a little of the other? Those 'plans' are definitely not published - and MY plan actually is derived from Atkins, and other low-carb plans. where is the line drawn? I am confused - some people are seeing doctors, weighing in, having their blood pressure & sugar monitored, and doing these plans as prescribed, and they are allowed here.

If it helps, I will not tell anyone about my plan with Herbal Magic, but I think it is slightly unfair that I feel that I cannot even participate and learn to change my plan (note: slight change, I am already on a low cab plan) over to Atkins or another low-carb plan simply because of the plan I am on now. It is not "Jenny Craig" or Weight Watchers", it is a low-carb diet, very much like Atkins, but because it is in a clinic, I cannot participate here? Please advise on what exactly it is you want me to do.

Diana
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 21:21

Plan: My own
Stats: 340/340/180 Female 5' 10"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 0%

Always nice to see a fellow Canuck on here....and only a month younger than me to boot! LOL Wishing you all the best on your LC journey. Keep in touch!

Nicole