Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 16:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/205/180 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 50%
Question Bloat after carbs?

I just posted earlier about having the cheat day yesterday. This morning I woke up and I looked bloated around my midsection. I know this cant be weight that I piled on within 24 hours so I'm assuming its some sort of water retention. Just wondering if anyone else has expereinced this.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 18:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

Yeah i had a planned cheat day on my bday two weeks ago and I felt like shit afterwards! Which is wonderful! Im glad I cheated because now I know im not missing out on anything. Carbs make people retain water, so thats why you are so bloated. BUt hey it makes you less likely to want to cheat again doesnt it?
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 18:43
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Carbs tend to make me MISERABLE if I overindulge. I get all bloaty, retain water, and not to be graphic, but DON'T stand downwind!!!

Talk about motivation to behave!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 19:30

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

All carbs attract water to the tune of 3-5g per gram of carbohydrate. An excess of 250g of carbs can mean 1000g or 1KG of water(or 2.2 lbs). Sometimes this doesn't show up until one or two days later.

HTH
Nat
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 13:14

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

I've been away from LCing most of the summer - I fell off the wagon 2 weeks prior to my July vacation. I was going to get back on track when I got back - it didn't happen - a day here and there, but that's all. So, I thought since I'm eating carbs again, I'd give Weight Watchers a try - I haven't lost anything, I was hungry all the time which caused me to overeat and get right back to all my old habits. I've gained 10 lbs back and am so upset by what I've done. So now the fridge is free again of "bad things" and full of meats, cheeses, veggies, etc. I'm starting pretty much from scratch but I know how good I felt and looked before. It's hard to believe what carbs really do to you.

Vikki
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 16:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/194/135 Female 63
BF:
Progress: -18%

Just celebrated my first wedding anniversary and went full carbs, the whole weekend! I won't know about the weight gain untill tomorrow morning but I feel the bloating(and the "wind").I'm lcing again starting tomorrow, I know the cravings are going to be bad but I have felt better these past months then I have in years!Good luck Vickie!!!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 17:59

Plan: Atkins Induction Forever.
Stats: 315/310/240 Male 5'11
BF:Way too much
Progress: 7%

I just came off a "blowout" weekend. Carbs make me very sleepy. I also feel bloated and let out tons of excess gas. I dont do it often but it happens.

David