Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 09:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 179.5/170.4/155 Female 5'3
BF:don't know
Progress: 37%
Default stopped peanuts,candy bars,added exercise and waternot losing

I need some advice, I did away with the nuts,atkins candy bars cause of the sugar alcohols,and I'm not losing. I've been low carbing since june and I lost 25 pounds but for the last 5 weeks nothing. I started back walking this week and added another 20-30 oz. of water. One ? are the atkins shakes bad for you they don't have alcohol in them.
ANyways I take vitamins,drink plenty of water,Started back eating more veggies, and added more calories cause I was only getting about 900. So I have tried everything. Even more exercise. I checked with the ketosis sticks and I am now back in ketosis. What can I do. If I was met. resistant, I would not have lost 25 on atkins and 15 from walking. I'm not close to goal weight either. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

I'm trying so hard and everyone around me keeps dropping.

Last edited by Lacey O : Fri, Sep-12-03 at 09:58.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 10:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

Do the modified fat fast, that can break almost anyones stall. http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/21-237659.html
Some people argue that its not healthy, but I think its a good way to jump start the metabolism and get into deep ketosis.

Last edited by skibunnie : Fri, Sep-12-03 at 10:06.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 10:32

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Or your body is just waiting for something to happen...I read somewhere that people tend to stall at a weight where they spent a lot of time previously. That's happened to my mom, she lost almost fifty pounds rather easily, and now she's stuck at the weight she weighed when she graduated from high school!

Been there about a month, cheating or no. It may take her another month or so to make things happen, but in the meantime she is eating healthily and not gaining, so what the heck.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 10:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 277/248/170 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Hi, you lost 25 pounds from June through early August! that is awesome, your body is most likely taking a break, catching its breath so to speak. Check your measurements, see if you are losing inches instead of pounds, and keep up the exercise as you want to tighten up after losing so quickly.

Good luck, stick with it, you know this plan works, and just give the body time to adjust to this new you.

Susan
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 13:39

Stats: 179.5/170.4/155 Female 5'3
BF:don't know
Progress: 37%
Default reply

Hi, thanks for the replies, my measurements have not moves either. I really want to lose some more, my goal is 165, I have a ways to go. I never thought I would have broke 200 now I'm hoping to at least come near my goal. Thank ya
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 13:51

Stats: 182/152/120 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 48%

Try Kiss. Here are two links for more information. If you have more questions then pm me. http://www.geocities.com/lajenner/KISS.html
http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/irock/kiss_rules.html
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 15:31

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 268/218/165
BF:
Progress: 49%

Your body is just adjusting! Yikes! think about it...25lbs (imagine 25 individual lbs of butter) have come OFF your body! Your body has to play make up...be patient..if you are doing everything right it will happen....

and please dont do any fat fast...that is for metabolically challenged people..which you are not...and you most certainly are not in a stall
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 16:23
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Lacy-

How long has it been since you cut out that stuff? Have you given your self enough time to see if that will bring results?
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 17:09
Registered Member

Stats: 270/214/170 ? Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress:

Lacy - first thing is not to freak out. It really probably is your body adjusting itself.

I lost 51 lbs very quickly, from January - end of June. Then nothing from July through August. Believe me, I tried every variation on adjusting what I was eating/doing, but nothing budged.

I figured that if I wasn't doing anything significantly different from what I had been doing when I was losing, it must be my body taking a break. But I also figured that, at the worst, I was not going to give up and just go back to where I was. So I stuck with it and tried not to think TOO much about it .

Finally (!) this week, I dropped 2.5 lbs.

My advice is not to worry yourself into giving up - give your body a break. It took more than 2 months to put the weight on, so give yourself time to take it off Just look how far you have already come - so fast!

Hang in there! You're doing great!