Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 11:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins~Induction
Stats: 176/167/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Unhappy Cheating....

Gawd my surgar/carb cravings have gotten better but it is sooo tough and if I have any of my favorite candy still laying around I sometimes give in. I feel so guilty and depressed after I cheat. I'm only one wk into LCing and I have lost 5 lbs which is great.

I haven't been cheating all the time but I did cheat 2 times. Had a minni bite of snikckers and a sip of Mt Dew at the ER when I took my fiance in for 11 stitches on Wed nite. It was late and we were going to eat supper after football but had to detour to the ER first. Then when I got home I ate a 'good' meal.

During the day I'm really doing good. But in the evenings it's so hard. But I am determined to stay determined to lose weight. I have to make up my mind and NOT cheat.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 11:12
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I have the same problem in the evenings...after reading the Carbohydrate Addicts book, I'm getting convinced I may have a problem with insulin that still hasn't been controlled. The way they describe how repeated snacks can cause a "building" effect with the insulin, until the urge to eat becomes nearly unbearable, certainly decribed me before Atkins, and to an extent, STILL...

I'm considering giving up my artificial sweeteners and snacking for awhile, just to see if the evening cravings go away.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 11:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/230/165 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 24%

Oh this is me to a "T"

Just last night I sat down to a bag of pork rinds and dip and ate until I was ready to puke (sorry). It was like I couldn't stop myself and lately I've been sooooooo hungry. If I don't keep my calories to about 1400 I will not lose an ounce. I've only lost 2 lbs in the past 5 weeks where I know I should be losing more b/c my weight is high.

Potatofree, this morning I decided to lay off the snacks, especially at night, its not going to be easy but if I don't I will not lose anything on this plan.

I did notice that if I eat the LC chocolates it only leaves me craving the real thing and lots of it.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 12:04

Stats: 148/136/122 Female 61 1/2"
BF:?/32%/
Progress: 46%

I find that when I eat a good meal with a steak or ribs, I am never hungry after and can go to bed satisfied.

But if I try to go light at dinner I start looking for things like sf jello w/whip cream, nuts, pork grinds w/ranch dip .....all things that put me in a stall...

Maybe drinking the water later in the day will fill us up ???

#5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 12:42

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

carol, i notice the same thing.. steaks or ribs (fattier meats) fill me up and keep me satisfied longer so that I don't snack all that much at night. For an example, I could eat an equal number of calories of steaks or macadamia nuts. I find that I don't snack much on the former. Maybe it's the bulk of food that's helping? I don't know..
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 12:48
This is the year

Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

ThinnerMe, try tossing out your "old favorite candy" so you won't be tempted - or tke it to work and offer it to your coworkers. Make dinner your biggest meal of the day. It is easier for me to do light at lunch and heavy in the evening. Works wonders for staying away from tempting snacks.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 12:58

Stats: 250/230/165 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 24%

Atiaran I try to do the same thing, eat light during the day and load up on good meats at night, that did work for me b/4 why the heck didn't I think of that DUH!!!!!!

Tonight is steak !!

Yesterday I threw out the dip I had and the pork rinds, no chocolate LC in my house, ditched that too.

I am so sick of being tormented by food, even foods that don't taste as good like LC chocolate.

Thanks for the help everyone