Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 17:30

Plan: 40/35/25
Stats: 160/160/155 Female 5'10
BF:25/23/18
Progress: 0%

woo hooo momma... 2.5 hours of weights and exercises... go girl..

hope all is well and that we get to meet sometime at a big bash at Mischa's!! LOL
xo
j
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 08:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/227/140 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 18%

Aug. 6
Usual routine at rehab...2.5 hours assorted weights and treadmill 1 mile.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 08:11

BF:

Aug 7
Same routine as usual...2.5 hours assorted weights and 1 mile on treadmill
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 08:12

BF:

Aug. 8
Will not be doing the usual routine today as I am being discharged from the rehab program. So, I will have to start my WAP and then get some gym thing happening...
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 09:34

BF:

It has been a week since I have done any weights or cardio due to my back and some vacation time.
I will be back at it as soon as this back of mine settles down a bit...worrying that I am not doing anything...
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 09:31

BF:

I am doing a small amount of swimming right now, but am finding that my back just get irritated, and then I can't do anything...Starting this coming Monday, I think it will have been long enough...and then I will start things all over again...
I am going to have to do and join a gym though...will go to the Sports Center here in the area...not sure that curves is a good idea with my back right now...and will start WAP on Monday morning again.
I hate this back of mine.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 10:04

BF:

Aug. 27
Yahooo...I made it through 1 mile of WAP...so I will try to increase that through the rest of this week. My back is not totally calmed down, but I am worrying about the challenge and my commitment to it...I really want to see some differences, and not let the gang down.
Tomorrow, I will do it again, and see how far I get before the back barks.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 11:19

BF:

Sept.4
I made it through the full two mile WAP..was sweating up a storm, even though I didn't have the weights...I figure I need to just push my back a bit...if I stopped when it started hurting, I would never get through even 1 mile...I am pleased with that for today...
Now, I bought a booklet of tickets for the gym, and will start there this weekend I think...or Monday...don't want to go when it is really busy.
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 18:31

BF:

Sept. 7
Whooof...what a difference between the 2 mile and 3 mile WAP...the 3 mi is incredibly more intense than the two mile...but I think I did well to get to the 1.5 mile mark...I am dripping wet with sweat...and even a little dizzy...so I know that I had a good workout...
I think that I will do the 2 mile for a few more times...before doing the 3 mile...or alternate the two...and see if I can get farther in the three mile...I was determined to not quit before the 1.5 mark, but man, I kept praying for it to get there..lol
Not bad I think...I will ask Mischa when she gets back what she thinks...
Now...a shower...
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 11:38

BF:

Sept. 8
I went to the gym today...did 10 minutes on the bike to warm up, then went through the weights routine that the rehab program taught me...that took just over an hour...then I tried the eliptical trainer machine...don't quite get it...seemed jerky to me, and my back didn't really like it...so am thinking I was doing something wrong...
I am pleased that I got there...now a day off tomorrow...then back to it on Wed. or thurs...want to continue with the WAP as I do like it...
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 18:54
"Slaying My Demons"

Plan: Keto
Stats: 262.2/189.2/155 Female 5'8"
BF:Hell Yes!
Progress: 68%

O.K......I give.....what's a WAP? Wap's are in Mischa's journal too. I feel so out of the loop.
Whatever they are, they certainly seem to be doing the trick! You have had some awesome whooshes. I gotta get me some WAP's too.
Hugs!
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 11:38

BF:

Sept. 10
Went to the gym...1 mile on treadmill...2.5 elevation and 2.8 miles per hour...pretty good for me...
Then, weights...Assorted upper and lower body...I am having a bit of a struggle there as the machines are a bit different than at rehab, so not sure what is going to irritate my back...so it is trial and error....
Tomorrow...WAP if I am up to it...maybe this will get the weight to come off a bit faster...
If I start that schooling next week, I am not sure how I am going to fit in my exercise...I am a morning person...and do much better if I get at it first thing...by afternoon...absolutely no ambition, plus my back usually is more sore afternoons and evenings...
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 08:54

BF:

Sept. 12
2 mile WAP this morning...did the whole thing...won't get to the gym until tomorrow or Sunday...but not sure that I want to go there on a weekend, it is so darn busy...have to fight for machines...etc...might just do WAP over the weekend, and then Monday back to the gym...
Feel pretty good, but have to say, that after doing 1.5 mile of the 3 mile...the two is quite a bit easier...
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 10:38

BF:

Sept. 14
Gym...1.2 miles on treadmill...2.5 elevation...2.9 mph....and then 2 minutes of hard rowing...I liked the rowing machine...might do that again...wanted to see how it felt on my back...and as long as I didn't lean back or forward...it was okay.
Then assorted weights...upper and lower body...with some extra on the lower as the left leg is so weak...
Feel pretty good about what I am doing...just wish that damn scale would do something.
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 21:13

BF:

Sept. 14
1.5 miles of the 3mile WAP...very good workout...I really feel it...it is much harder to do than the 2 mile...
I am camping now for a couple of days...so plan on doing lots of walking...and climbing up and down an very long, very steep walkway and stairs that goes down to the beach...should get some exercise that way...