Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 08:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/164/140 Female 5"8"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Wink Question about low carb bars & Snacks

Hello everyone,
I am very new to the low carb thing;~) I have been doing my own version of it which is really mostly atkins without the super strict induction. I have been succesful at giving up all of the obvious carbs. However, i have been indulging in the more than occaisional Atkins bar (probably 1 to 2 a day). Is this going to slow me down? Also, I have been eating alot of almonds. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is a very suportive and informative board and i am glad to have found it.

Thanks,
Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 09:38
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Generally the quickest way to get results is to follow a "clean" program. That means that the majority of your carbs will come from an array of low-carb vegetables and you'll be eating unprocessed meats, fats and little if no sweeteners.

That said, low-carbing should not be a drag. If you're happy with the way low-carbing is working out for you then you're fine. If you're not, then it's time to make some adjustments.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 09:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

The bars are not such a good thing to have daily, your far better to stick to real food. I've been doing Atkins since Jan and have yet to buy any low carb snacks and I've done fine.
Cheers Kathy
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 10:54

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 199.5/153.1/150 Female 5'11"
BF:36.3%/28.5%/27%
Progress: 94%

I have an Atkins shake every morning, and a bar 3x per week. It hasn't slowed me since I have tried not eating any of it before and the results didn't differ. Although as you have probably read by now, your mileage may vary. You may be sensitive to all of the sugar alcohols in the bars. Try a week without any of it....you might be surprised at what happens!

- Meagan
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 13:50

Plan: atkins
Stats: 178/153.4/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Funny, I'm sitting here eating a bar right now reading this. I eat almost two a day and haven't showed any stalls, but everybody is different. Now if I could just keep my kids from eating the almond brownie bars my life would be even better. These bars are expensive!