Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 19:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 252/242/135 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 9%
Unhappy

Strict Induction is HARD WORK! You guys are doing great! Thanks for sharing your menus!
I strictly followed the plan for three weeks and cheated at The Cheesecake Factory this past weekend. Boy, eating cheesecake after keeping my carbs around 20 per day made me feel terrible. I felt like I had been on a two-day drunk. No energy. Drained. Just couldn't get it together. The worst effect was the carb craving. I wanted bread, popcorn, muffins, etc.
Anyway.......It's taken me three days to get back on track, and I'm happy to be back on program.
Is anyone else struggling? Please share your thoughts on staying focused.

Six weeks and some change............ We can do this!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 19:49
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

Yeah, it's kinda hard staying on induction right now. I'm really busy at school (kids come next week, so have to have my classroom ready--which means bringing out 1200+ different books and filling the 10 bookcases that are lining the walls; we have 8 new teachers, 2 of which are in my department and I'm department head...; and we've had 2 days of "meeting in the morning meeting in the evening meeting at suppertime here's my little meeting, we're meeting all the time."). Anyway, I've managed to stay on induction but it's been hard. Cravings aren't the problem, since I don't really miss bread and such; it's just hard staying aware of what's going into my mouth. Actually, that's how I got this size in the first place!

Jude
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 20:17

Stats: 252/242/135 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 9%

Boy, Jude,

You are very busy! All-day meetings can be especially challenging - little exercise and lots of food. I had an all-day meeting today that turned into a pure carbfest! We had a buffet of fresh fruits, danishes, doughnuts, cinnamon rolls, etc. I opted to hit the cafeteria for some cheese eggs and bacon. Yum, yum!! I plan to take my splenda and cream to work tomorrow to spike my Starbucks coffee!

Do you have time to prepare and take your lunch to work? Doing so, helps me better stay on program.

SamIAm1
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 20:52

Stats: 265/263/130 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Hi Everyone,

Well Congrats are in order here to you all, And thank you for being here.

My name is Lisa and I have been on the Atkins diet for 9 days and staying under 20 grams a day, I have lost 8 pounds so far WOOHOO I am so proud of myself I even moved my seat in my 4Runner up I drive a stick shift and had moved my seat back a little so my belly wouldnt hit the steering wheel.

I had planned on staying on the iduction part of the diet until I have lost all the weight I wanted to lose so please count me in.

Lisa

PS. I would love to know where everyone gets these little signs for there posts like cheat free?
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 09:44

Stats: 222/194/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 45%

HEY ALL!! How has everyone been doing this week? I'm hanging in there, I had wrist surgery last week so it has been very difficult but I am hanging on to that will power.
I am so sick of eggs.....this happened a few months ago and I started eating those low carb bars for breakfast, I think they stalled me because I didn't lose any weight after that, didn't gain any either though....I am trying hard to stay away from them during this 7 weeks.

here is what I ate yesterday

2 eggs scrambled with slice of cheese
3 bratwurst
1 pack of drained Tuna
1 salad w/ ham and 3 tbs of Thousand Island dressing
2 diet rite sodas
1 bag of prok rinds...>45 bagout of vending machine
60 ozs of water
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 10:02

Stats: 222/194/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Will someone take a look at my journal, tell me what you think??

THANKS!!

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...l?Owner=jules32
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 00:15
I'll get there yet!

SamIAm1,

Yes, it does get busy around here. (Just wait til school starts next week!) I have to take my lunch when kids are with us, 'cause we get a whopping 36 minutes for lunch, so we all tend to go out every day during the week before school. Thanks for asking!

I forgot to post my food yesterday--let's see if I can remember it:

1 cup coffee w/ cream
2 eggs w/ 1 tablespoon salsa, 1/8 avocado, and 1 tablespoon sour cream
2 slices of bacon
LARGE ground sirloin patty w/ 1 ounce Brie melted on it (yummy!). About 5 bites of the red onion-and-portabello mushroom-and bacon melange it was on (even yummier!)
2 glasses of iced tea.
1 1/2 pork chops.
spinach steamed w/ vinegar (I like it to have a bite; DH likes his spinach with butter)
green salad
and--water. LOTS of water. 3 liters at school, almost a liter before going, and a liter when I got back from exercise.

Today--no exercise. Food:
2 eggs, scrambled w/ 1/2 ounce cheese, a teaspoonful finely chopped green pepper, one green onion chopped in a similar manner
1 cup coffee w/ cream
cobb salad w/ blue cheese
2 glasses iced tea
2 hamburger patties
1 ounce sharp cheddar melted on them
mustard for dipping
1 small mixed greens salad
and
(let's be startled, now)
water. Not as much, though--only about 3 liters total today.

Yeah, I know--I'm in a rut. But it's a good rut, so I don't really care.

Jude
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 07:40

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 180/174/142 Female 65.5 inches
BF:32.5%/30.2%/20%
Progress: 16%
Default This sounds great!

I was wondering... Can I join you? I need to stop eating the lc bars and sweets. And it would be great to have somewhere that I am being kept accountable for it. Plus, when I started Arkins I already knew I was lactose intolerent, but I've been eating cheese while on Atkins. At fisrt it didn't bother me, but I haven't been feeling so great the past two days and I think it's from the cheese. So I am going to be strict induction, and not eat cheeses. Except for mozzarella and cream cheese, because I found out they aren't yeast or mold containing which I am trying to avoid. And even though I'l be eating them I'll be eating sparingly. But if the symtoms persist I'll cut those out also.
Thanks
~CindyLynn~
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 12:25

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

Sam - I find it hard not to cheat, since I've never done Atkins without cheating at least 7-14 days into. It's been way over 14 days since I haven't cheated I think. It gets harder by the day.

Lim - Congrats on the weight loss

Jules - I hope your wrist is healing well

Cindy - welcome, I'm also trying to limit my cheese, but it seems Burger King is cheese happy and when I say say mayo, lettuce, and pickles ONLY they think that means cheese somehow so I eat it when that happens.

I'm finding myself a little depressed since the scale isn't moving. I'm just so ready to get under 190 it's crazy! Although today my doctor commented that I lost weight. So I felt a little better.

LovableLC 196
Jules 194
Sick&Tired 162
Mossling 301.5
SamIAm1 246
Foxy59 204
Easyrider 240
Dee32 176.8
Limhoff 263
CindyLynn 143

Last edited by LovableLC : Fri, Aug-29-03 at 12:28.
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 19:42

Thumbs up I think I did good today!

Today wasn't extremely hard. I've felt focused and ready to take on my cravings, ect. I didn't work today, so it was so much easier to stick with it. I spent a good hour and a half today looking through the library. And then I spent another hour looking for the perfect birthday card for my best friend. (You can deffinately tell I am a teenager trying to squeeze every last bit of summer out of today!) But I discovered something, I wasn't hungry or impulcively eating while I was busy today. My mind CAN be distracted from food/eating.
Let me tell you what I did eat today
B:
Shipwreck
L:
16 peperoni's
1/4 c. tomato sauce
1 oz. mozzerella cheese
1 1/2 c. Salad
1/2 c. SF jello
D:
4 oz. grilled turkey tenderloin
2 strips of bacon(around turkey mmmm)
1 1/2 c. Salad
S:
2 oz. Cream Cheese
1 1/2 tsp. Atkins Strawberry Syrup

175 oz. water
Exercise:
Weight lifting - upper body
15 min. brisk walking
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 17:50

Cindy your water intake is amazing! I've been struggling again to get in the 64 oz but doing it.

The scale is still being stubborn. I need to get off my butt do some kind of exercise. The latest is Tuesday. Tomorrow morning I have to wake up at 5 am and take a road trip to see family, surely not going to exercise.

Is anyone else having a problem with the scale???? My official weigh in date is Monday I'm so hoping it at least says 195.

Went shopping today found awesome sales! Although the coat I bought is a tad snug, but I figured by the time we wear coats here ( November/December) I should be down another 10.

I'm having trouble with eating before class because of my stomach problem, I can only stomach oatmeal, but the carbs in there are unreal. I think I'm going to give up the diet soda and have flax o meal twice a week, only one serving. I feel bad because that is not induction, but I don't know what else to do. This is if I can tolerate the flax o meal.
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 18:15
I'll get there yet!

I can breathe again (classroom is ready, I'm ready, things are copied...hooray!)

CindyLynn--what's a shipwreck? And why would you want to eat crashed ships for breakfast? (Sorry, the punster just came out! Back, back!!!)

Boy, the hardest food time is breakfast for me. I'm going to have to make some of the recipes here to see if I can make it more interesting. (I think I'm NOT alone in that feeling!)

Anyway, I've been doing what I'm spozed to with induction, even though the PTA had a BBQ for the teachers and staff yesterday. (This is becoming a tradition, which means it's the second year in a row.) Last year there was green salad along with the hamburgers and hotdogs and all the stuff we can't eat (chips--3 kinds!--and cookies--I didn't count how many different types of those--AND a cake AND some pies...it's a BIG staff. Whoops, I mean there are lots of people on staff!) Had 2 cheeseburgers without buns but with slices of tomato and smallish pieces of lettuce to hold them. Then went looking for something to drink. NO water! So I had a diet coke. Yuck. Really!

As an aside--It's going to be interesting drinking as much water as I have been (between 128 and 160 ounces a day) when there are students in the room and potty breaks are regulated by the bell! Oh, well, let it be a challenge.

Just blithering, but wanted to check in. Looking forward to Monday to get the official weight for the week! (And I never thought I'd say that!)

Jude
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 18:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Modified)
Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!
Progress: 30%
Default I Want To Join

Hello!
Well, yesterday i signed in for the fist time, and after reading the posts, I absolutely want to join on the 7 week induction plan.
COUNT ON ME.

233/160
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 19:41

LovableLC 196
Jules 194
Sick&Tired 162
Mossling 301.5
SamIAm1 246
Foxy59 204
Easyrider 240
Dee32 176.8
Limhoff 263
CindyLynn 143
becky160 233
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 20:40

Mossling, a shipwreck is an egg dish. I learned this trick when I was in girl scout's. You take your eggs and scramble them. Then you cook your meat, I usually use sausage cooked like ground beef. After the meat is cooked you put the eggs in and you stir it while you cook like scrambled eggs. Also when you put the eggs in you can add all sorts of things like cheese, veggies, or you can just have eggs, butter, and meat which is what I normally do.

Well, it's been a long day, so I'm going to give ya'll my menu and head to bed. Talk to you later.
What I ate today:
B:
2 eggs
3 strips bacon
1 tbsp. butter
L:
4 oz. meat loaf
3 strip turkey bacon
1 1/2 c. salad
1/2 c. sf jello
1 oz string cheese
D:
4 oz. chicken breast with garlic butter injection
1/2 c. salad
1 c. turnip fries
1/2 oz. mozzerella cheese
S:
1/2 c. sf jello
3 strip turkey bacon

H20 : 224 oz. (I feel like I am floating! grrr...)