Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 10:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/199/125 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Am I doing OK???

I am working on week five of low carbing and I've lost eleven pounds. My question is, does this sound like good progress to any of you? I work with several other people on this plan who seem to be losing faster than I have been. We have compared what we eat and everone seems to be eating about the same. I have been walking about two miles at least 3 days a week.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 10:10

Plan: Atkins (modified - no red meat)
Stats: 324/244/150 Female 5'6
BF:46.6%?/42/20%
Progress: 46%

You're stats are a little confusing? What is your start, current and goal weights (according to your stats is says you started at 128, are currently 117 and want to be 130).

Remember that different people lose at different rates based on a number of factors. I'm guessing that you don't have that much to lose, in which case you'll lose much slower than someone like me with a great deal to lose.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 10:53

Stats: 228/199/125 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 28%

I guess that I must have been dreaming, have corrected the stats.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 10:56

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default The best rate of weight loss

Is the one that you can sustain, that is managable, that doesn't freak you out with baggy skin or too many new clothes you can't afford and only need for three weeks, that gets too much attention you don't know how to handle...

In other words, it's a WOL. What can you live with? I didn't get fat overnight; a week or month or two or three before I'm at goal, which would be thinner than I have ever been as an adult, isn't going to change much either way. Five weeks isn't very long--the real answer is who will stick with the program all the way?

I've had to make a lot of adjustments to my total caloric intake, as well as learn trigger foods, along the way. If you'd told me in the beginning that three eggs was enough for breakfast, I might have quit. After several weeks with slow-to-no progress, I became more willing. Ditto for the diet drinks, which I can't drink at all.

I have the rest of my life. I'm in my mid-fat jeans. I may give away my most-fat jeans--not 100% sure I trust myself yet. I'll get there. So maybe it's Christmas and not Halloween. Not like they're going to kick me off this forum for not losing any faster.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 05:51

Stats: 178/157/145 Female 67 in.
BF:
Progress: 64%

Everyone loses at different rates. Try not to compare yourself with others. You're doing great! Just think about where you would be if you hadn't started this WOE 5 weeks ago.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 08:46

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/158/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 82%

What Katie said. Each of us finds our individual way through the program--an experiment of one!

Be mindful. Don't even think of drastic measures. Steady as you go. You'll be fine.

BTW, over 2 lbs/wk on average is great! And congrats to you for including exercise.