Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 07:41
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default I've discovered the secret to curb overeating...

...wearing tight pants! Or in today's case, a skirt. I'm finally wearing the size-16 skirt I bought 6 weeks ago, and it's a little tight but not so much that I'm miserable in it. I do find that it's much easier to eat less when my waistband is tight. Maybe it holds my stomach in and makes me feel full faster or something? At any rate, I get to wear new clothes AND they help me eat less (portion control is an issue for me!).

Plus, your day just goes so much better when you glimpse yourself in the bathroom mirror at work and think, "I look hot today!"
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 08:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/175.0/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default So True!

I am looking forward to joining you in the size 16 day too! I think it is only a week or two away for me. My Mom has reached a size 14 and she looks terrific. Now I just have to convince her to get rid of the size 18 shorts she says are comfortable...that may be but they look terrible on her now. I say show off the success you have accompklished so far!
Good luck to you!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 08:27

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

LOL... I wish that would work for me!

For me, just making my portions smaller and eating slower has helped.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 08:34

Plan: atkins
Stats: 277/248/170 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Congrats on being in the 100's!!!!!!!! I would love someday to be a 16, right now I am just happy to be a 24, so I can go back to shopping in "regular" stores like Penny's or Hecht's and am not limited to only Lane Bryant.

Susan
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 09:48

Stats: 250/230/165 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 24%

That used to work for me but lately if I wear tight pants, I get an aweful stomach ache.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 11:35

Plan: atkins, modified
Stats: 220/170/150 Female 5'5
BF:40%/32%/20%
Progress: 71%

I know!!! I started at a size 18 and a few 16's then went to a 14W - I'm now in a 14!!! I'm giving 12 pairs of 16's to charity!! I tried on a size 12 pant yesterday - there are too tight, but at least I can get them on! Yipee for me!!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 11:45
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Way to go bostongirl! I'm hoping to keep wearing my baggy 18s and the few 16s I have (from a few slightly-thinner years ago) until I can squeeze into a 14. I can't afford a whole new wardrobe each time I go down a size, so I'm going to try to skip a size at a time. 14 is probably months away for me though...
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 11:48
Carb Nazi

Stats: 260/255/160 Male 6'0
BF:YES!
Progress: 5%

Wearing a tight skirt never seemed to work for me, so I just walk around wearing nothing but a smile!
Congrats and keep up the good work... Mike
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 12:33

Stats: 210/181/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 58%

I eat lunch earlier than usual when I'm not yet hungry. That way I eat less. Same goes for dinner when I'm not in school or the karate class and I can get home before 8:00pm. I just bought a sz.10 pair of Old Navy Jeans and a 9 skirt from Quicksilver. Never thought I'll ever wear a 10 again
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 19:56

Plan: checking out Atkins plan
Stats: 140/128/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 60%

This thread has me so confused.. I weigh 130 lbs and wear a TIGHT size 10..in pants , shorts..
How can people that weight about 20lbs more then me wear the same size???
I've seen people posting that weigh in the 160 range & wear a 14..I just don't get it.
Not that size matters..it's how you look & FEEL..but still ..this has me wondering what is the deal?
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 22:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 303/287/190 Female 5'5.5"(65.5")(166.5 cm)
BF:
Progress: 14%

candylover, it's really not so strange; I am 5'6" and wore a size 10 easily when I weighed 152 lbs. The taller a person is the more they can weigh and still wear a smaller size than a shorter person of the same weight. On top of that, I am truly large-boned, as well as muscular. Since muscle and bone weigh more than fat, and are more compact, at any given weight I will be thinner than someone of my height with a smaller bone structure and less muscle. I don't think I expressed that very well, but it's late and I need to go to bed! Anyway, weight alone is so meaningless in describing ourselves; it doesn't begin to tell anything.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 00:42

Stats: 180/120/130 Female 5"3
BF: ?
Progress: 120%

candyluver:
hi, I am 5"3 and 140 and I wear an 8, but 9 junior is what really fits me the best, however I have been excercising at least 3 times a week but usually more, I do step aerobics and weights, a muscle sculpting class and I bicycle everywhere. This has really toned my hamstrings,thighs and butt.However, I have not been able to excercise for almost 3 wks now because I broke my toe and although I still weigh 140 the pants I was wearing are now tight!! So for me at least it is muscle/toning that has enabled me to wear and 8/9.

cheers,
judi
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 02:08

Plan: WW Core/South Beach
Stats: 245.6/211.9/160 Female 4' 11"
BF:32.6
Progress: 39%

You all are doing so great, keep up the good work and do what ever feels good for you.

Nancy
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 06:39

Plan: checking out Atkins plan
Stats: 140/128/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 60%

OK...I think I get it. It's all about muscle vs/ fat.

Judi, I'm 5'3" also. When I started this WOE about 4 mo's ago I weighed 140 too! But..I wasn't toned..and I have a small frame.
In other words..I was *fluffy* Still though I have only lost 10 lbs I do look alot leaner. I need more excercise. You look fantastic! Keep up the good work.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 07:51
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Alot of it is personal preference on how you want clothes to fit. I can squeeze into a size 4-6 dress, or my size 5 jeans. Breathing isn't that great of an option though. I feel more comfortable in my size 10 shorts. With shirts I still buy Large, even though they come down below my rump. I am very self concious about my breasts, as well as the c-section pooch, so I won't wear anything tight on top. I really hate tight necks too, so turtle necks or t-shirts that strangle are out. My clothes being so baggy probably make me look 20 pounds heavier, but until I lose a little more, get toned, and maybe a boob job, I am not going out in anything form fitting.

What stinks too is when your a petite, they assume if your a size 8 or below you must be skinny. All the clothes are very form fitting and show off the tummy and bulges.