Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 19:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/206/150 Female 5'6
BF:34.5%/33.2%/24%
Progress: 14%

Wow HR that is so good! I think you are doing so well. I attempted to do the fat fast but my blood sugar took a serious dive! So I am going to try this again tomorrow. I have to adjust my insulin. I was so starving though. I am not looking forward to it but i know it will work! I have a question. can i eat anything as long as it is 200 calories or does it have to be spacific foods? I read the thing on it and it did give food ideas but i wasn't sure if I had to eat those things or just stay at 200 cAlories 5 times a day for 4-5 days.Did this fat fast really kick your body into gear when you did it?
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 09:11
Registered Member

Stats: 160/152/120 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi Kyla,
I am officially starting the "fat fast" TODAY!! I already had my tuna w/avocado this morning and I just had a 1/4 cup of Walnuts (to sub for mac nuts). It does look like a little food...all I can say is drink lots of water.
This is my first time trying the fat fast so I'm excited to know how it'll work. Hoping it'll kick me over to at least 140's...that'll be nice.
But I'll let you know how it goes...(if i don't faint by then) hehe!!
Also, I read that after the fat fast you have to do the modified fat fast for maybe another 5 days..so you don't gain all the weight you lost back and go to induction. Then maybe again the fast. I think this is right Hell??

Last edited by eyesonly76 : Mon, Aug-25-03 at 09:13.
  #153   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 09:19

Eyesonly, I am not sure if you can only eat those items listed or not. What do you think? I had a egg and 3 slices of beacon this morning. I have a be careful because of my diabetis but I am trying this. So hopefully it will work if I just make sure to have my fat way high. What do you think?
  #154   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 09:42
Registered Member

BF:

Yes, that sounds good as long as your within your range of 200 calories per meal and a high fat very low carb meal. Sounds good to me.
But be careful if you have diabetis...I don't want you to get sick or anything.
I'll let you know what else I eat maybe I can give you some ideas.

H.R- what kind of meals did you make with the list provied to you?? Anything we might like??
  #155   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 09:46

yeah I am only eating the 200 calories and 5 times a day. It actually seems to be agreeing with my blood sugar. I really am hoping I can stick with this. I will go until Thursday-Friday depending on how I am doing with it. Then I will go to the next part of 300 calories 4 times a day then to induction. I haven't told my husband i am doing this so it will be really cool if I lose a lot of weight and he notices. i still have 50-53 more pounds so I am really wanting to lose bad!
Stay in tough so we can encourage eachother.

#156   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 11:08
Registered Member

BF:

Yeah, I'll definately stay in touch...I need someone I have to answer too I think you can defianetly do it. After I had my daughter I gained about 70 pounds I went from 128 to 198 HUGE WEIGHT GAIN. But before I knew about atkins I had signed up through a gym and they basicall gave me a 1200 calorie a day meal plan (that included carbs) and I worked out about 3x a week for about 45 minutes. Well I lost 48 pounds in about 9 months. imagine how much more I wouldv'e lost if I had known about low carb...I probably wouldv'e been back at 128. So you see it's sooooo very possible. We just have to get the mind set.

Have a great Day!!

Last edited by eyesonly76 : Mon, Aug-25-03 at 11:09.
  #157   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 14:27
Registered Member

Stats: 230/205/170 Female 5 feet 11 inches
BF:32/28.5/24
Progress: 42%

I cheated this weekend (2 peaches and a mini bagel with PB) so I'm being super good now. Just did the eliptical for 30 minutes and thought I was going to pass out!! I normally do 50 minutes but we're having a bit of a heat wave here in the Bay Area and of course the AC goes out at the gym we have at the office!

Now since I cheated I'm also trying to record everything in FitDay and I want to post it in my signature. Two questions:

1. How do I record the eliptical machine in the fitness part of FitDay? There's not a category for it. I tried the skiing machine but I normally burn 750 calories in 50 minutes and the skiing machine didn't come close to that.

2. Hairpin, how do you set up your signature so everyone can view your journal?? If I do it thru FitDay, it shows the whole URL which doesn't seem very tidy to me.
  #158   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 15:28

Eyesonly, thanks for the testamony.i have done really well today. I had somethoing really good i want to tell you about. It was cream cheese and this sugar free no calories, carbs or fat syrup. so it was 200 calories. But it tasted soooo good!
I am excited about this because it looks like I can do this and i know it will help!I wounder how much i will lose in this forst 4-5 days. We will see. how are you doing today? What have you eaten?
  #159   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 16:46
Registered Member

BF:

Hey Kyla,
I've been doing ok I think...I had a good breakfast (under 200 cal) and a snack (1 hb egg w/mayo) lunch (2 hb egg w/mayo) and here comes the I don't know...I must have had 1 cup of walnuts....I was sooooooo hungry and you know with nuts....can't just eat one. But I was reading the label and it said 3 carb per 1/4 cup and under it said sugar 0 carbs fiber 3...so you know how we can subtract fiber carbs from our carb count and come out to a net carb...does that make it 0?? I don't know but oh well it's just nuts...I'm not gonna let it ruin me to keep going. I'm still under my regular eating carbs/cals. I didn't really come prepared but tomorrow you know i'm packing that cream cheese and chicken.

I want to last 5 days...so lets root each other on!!
  #160   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 18:49

Stats: 163/163/130 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:34%
Progress: 0%

Kyla_72: When I do fatfast I stick to the menu provided on the Atkins site that I gave you. You can create other things if you want as long as they are 200 calories each and they have almost NO carbs and very much fat e a bit of protein.

You can change the chicken for tuna or salmon or beef with advocado and mayo and you can change the caviar for other fish ( I like salmon a lot).

I also try to add zero salt to it as salt makes me get BIG.

Sorry I took so long to answer but my parents are in town and I'm enjoying some time with them an almost have no time to check my email and the forum. But I'm still here girls! And still beeing good with NO CARBS!

Keep up the good work.
Cheers!

H.
  #161   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 19:01

HR, thank you so much for responding. I did really well today and I am looking forward to the end of this! LOL

eyesonly, i think you are doing well. There isn't to many choices huh? LOL But we only have 4 more days and then we can add 100 to each meal. I never relized how much just 100 calories could make. LOL LOL LOL I am so excited about the 2nd week where I can eat that! I think it is funny. The cream cheese is a great idea. Also, be sure to try the tuna a mayo. I think that is a great plan. Boiled eggs are also a good idea. I am going to boil some tonight so I have them ready for tomorrow. You keep going. I don't want to be doing this alone! I think you did awesome today! Just think if you can be down to 120-128 at the end of all this! Don't quit!

Kyla
  #162   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 14:00

Went to Toronto EX, enjoyed the food building and had NO CARBS!

How is everybody doing?
H.
  #163   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 16:42

HR you are so motivated. You are very encouraging to me! this is my 2nd day of the fat fast. It is really hard for me! i ran out of meat and I have learned that I do best with meat. Rather then eggs or cheese. I just went to the store for some beacon and things. I just had my 4th meal of the day. I feel really hungry!Should my hunger decrease any time soon?

EYESONLY, how are you doing? Still alive? LOL it is hard huh? But I know you can do this!How have you been doing today? What have you eaten? I am excited i am almost to my 3rd day! Whoo Hoo!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been this excited in a long time LOL LOL Keep it up we are almost done!!!!!!
  #164   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 19:42

Kyla_72: the trick is to "save" your meals to later, at least for me I get hungry lore by the end of the afternoon then in the morning, so I would take one for breakfast and then after 4 hour one for lunch and then organize hours so that the last one ends up at 8:00 or later. No hunger and no crazy attack on the fridge! Hehehe
Lots of water also hlps to fill up the stomach.

eyesonly76: how is your going?

coho7: sorry I have no idea as I don't use fitday.

Cheers,
H.
  #165   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 21:39

eyesonly, where are you? I hope everything is going well!

HR, i have been drinking a lot of water and that really does help. My last meal tonight was at 8 and last night at 9. I think i just need to eat a lot at once. But i am excited i made it through today and i am looking forward to tomorrow. i know i can do this!
So right after my 4th or 5th day I am supposed to start on the 300 calorie meals right? then induction?