Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 08:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/169/150 Male 5'10
BF:
Progress:
Default doubled carbs yesterday..and lost .5 lbs?

for some reason most food I ate yesterday had some cabs in it. from the kale to the nuts..etc. I was probably really craving it since I did work out for over an hour for the first time in who knows how long. I haven't lost anything in week 3 and 4. Today is the start of week 5 and I was down .5 a lb this morning. of course, that could be all the water I drank. Acording to fitday, i had about 40someodd carbs yesterday. And i've been sticking to 20-25. do you recommend I stay a little higher? Or go back down to 20. Also, what's the excercise exchange? Do you eat more carbs if you work out that day?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 08:41
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Sounds like you are ready for OWL.

The entire point of this is to slowly get you to goal while teaching you the right things for your body to eat.

If you stay in Induction you remain on a "diet" and haven't learned your new patterns of eating.

This is a four phase plan. Phase two is a callin...
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 14:11

Plan: not sure yet
Stats: 175/170/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 14%

Oops...I posted from a different computer and the info was not mine. Am i the only living person who has lost only 4 lbs in a month of atkins eating? It's quite disheartening.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 06:40
The evolution of me

BF:

Quote:
Oops...I posted from a different computer and the info was not mine. Am i the only living person who has lost only 4 lbs in a month of atkins eating? It's quite disheartening.

4lbs is close to 10% of your chosen amount of weight to lose which is pretty average for induction loss. A little slow but have you taken measurements? You probably lost more inches then 4lbs would show if you had been on another "diet".
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 07:17
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I'd have to agree with Lisa and vote going onto OWL, even if you just bump your carbs up to 25. It's normal for your body to not lose in weeks 3 and 4, and your loss isn't particularly slow, it's about average. It's also normal (yet unpredictible!) for your body to respond in strange ways when you throw it a curve ball like a few more carbs one day!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 13:35

Plan: not sure yet
Stats: 175/170/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 14%

Ugh...frustrating Especially when you see all these posts "i've lost 15 lbs on induction" and yes, I know I"m not supose to compare to others, but ya just can't help it. I've been eating more carbs the last few days...lets see what happens. Breakfast was a feast of veggies and protien
Sucks though when you realize at lunchtime you've had all your carbs!
Bad chocolate cravings yesterday too! I don't know what happen..i just needed it and needed it now! Went out looking for atkins bars or something, but everything was closed. Went with the standby of heavy cream and sf chocolate pudding. mmm mmm good.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 06:27
The evolution of me

BF:

If your cravings are increasing you are either having too many carbs? not the right kind of carbs? or you aren't eating them with enough protein and fat?

Give it some thought.