Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 20:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/170/155 Male 6'
BF:26%/17%/8%
Progress: 74%
Unhappy I need help on my chest!

I've been working out 5 times a week (lifting and cardio) for about the whole summer. I'm fairly strong (bicep curl about 90, tricep 100), but nothing I have done has toned by chest. I've done bench press, pec fly, every chest machine in the gym, but nothing works. Can someone help? Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 11:47

Plan: Dr. Atkins New Diet Revol
Stats: 223/223/190 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default This may help

Hey whats up? I want to work on my chest also and I have found that push-ups work wonders. You use your upper body strength to do them and varying your arm spacing also targets different areas in your chest. I do as many as I can in a day. Not necessarily all at once but 10 here 20 there and its just a quick workout targeting the chest. So when you are sitting watching tv just start doing some push ups and over time you will build up your strength and you will be able to do a lot giving you a good workout.

Hadi
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 14:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, Baby, Yea!
Stats: 317/238/199 Male 74 inches
BF:39%/31%/17%
Progress: 67%

kingb, what hb says is soo right! I used to have man-breats Now I have a nice set of pecs and I did this in 5 months! This is what I did:

First 3 months:
100 reps of flat bench press, 4 sets of 10, then 3 sets of 20. I super-seted each set with 5 push-ups (that's all I could do at the time)
100 reps of decline flat bench press, same sets and reps as above.
I did this once a day every other day.

On every other day I would do the same benching but only with dumbells and do Butterfly presses instead (to target the inside and outside of the pectorial region much more greatly) And of course super setted with the pushups in between.

That made 6 days of chest workouts with one day of rest. Remember that you are toning by doing so many reps so the weight should be low. I started at first just with the free bar (40-50 lbs) and with 20 lb dumbells. Now, still toning, I'm doing 100 lbs and 50 lb dumbells.

Do notice that I do not do any incline bench press because I naturally had a flat upper chest and flat bench does do a huge job wit the upper chest as well. But if you need it or just want more variety then go with 2 days of each. Oh and you should do it in this order: Incline, Flat, Decline. The order is important because of the difficulty of each different exerice (from greatest to smallest).

PS. Also I developed huge triceps from this as a nice added bonus. Soon I'll hit 50 inches on my chest and 20 inch arms