Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 07:38
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

i had the opposite problem, when i started losing weight with atkins for the first time i started to have fairly regular cycles.

only complaint is the bleeding is irregular, i bleed almost all month now after my period, very light spotting like.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 07:46
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyspers
I didn't really have any changes, other than becoming more regular and it was normal again (had been very light...almost non-existant one day spotting since my daughter was born) until this past month when I cheated for four days. Three days after, TOM came two weeks early and lasted what seemed forever. Last week, I had another four day cheat (the last one, I promise!) and it happened again! Three days later, TOM came...again two weeks early.

I'm not sure why this is happening and the estrogen thing makes sense, but why would a cheat bring it on? Its so weird!!!!

L

On atkins your hormone levels kind of dip low (the truth is they are starting to normalize), partly because of fat loss and partly because your body is not overproducing insulin anymore.

Production of insulin causes your body to produce other hormones, like estrogen and testosterone, eccessively as well. This is why the cheat helped.

Check out the pcos forum if you are interested, its in the same vein.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 08:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 201/154/140 Female 5ft4inches
BF:yes it is
Progress: 77%

LC has made me more regular, it's on time every month and I've never had that before. However I have noticed they are heavier and way more painful, there seems to be a big lead up to them too, pains about 3 or 4 days before. As if to say "we are coming", god I hate TOM.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 10:13
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
I'm definately not pregnant

Definately as in it would be a virgin birth, or as in you are extreamly good about taking your bc? Remember that along with the wacky hormones they can effect birth control for some people. If there is even a small chance, you might want to go get tested just to be 100% sure.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 11:06

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

glad to spot this thread! I am having a REALLY crazy heavy one right now....I havent had more than one in 5 years...due to being pregnant twice and breastfeeding. I have been on stkins for a week and I do think that losing fat has made me start.... I am actually really happy about this though as I think my body is balancing out!
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 20:13
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

Can't really help here--I'm at that time in my life where it doesn't matter _WHAT_ WOE I'm on, I never know when I'm going to have my TOM. (Would that make it a TOYear???) Last one was in June, after 7 months "dry". Hoping to be finished with all that stuff r-e-a-l soon!

Jude