Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 11:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/203/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%
Default "Entrepreneur bakes low carbohydrate cookie"

Entrepreneur bakes low carbohydrate cookie

8/15/2003 5:00 AM By: Medstar

Low carb cookie

With five times more protein and 10 percent fewer carbohydrates, the chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, and peanut butter treats are in line with some popular diets.

Sticking to a low carbohydrate diet can be a tough task, especially if you crave sweets. A new treat is helping dieters enjoy dessert without the guilt.

"I should be able to have dessert and not feel like it's the enemy," entrepreneur Stephen C. Lincoln said.

Lincoln is stepping up to the plate for dieters fed up with the taste of low-fat desserts.

"So many people eat stuff that tastes like cardboard just because it's healthy," Lincoln said. "And that's not worth it anymore, at least not in my opinion."

Lincoln's own battle of the bulge goaded him into creating The Protein Bakery. He said he was able to make "a really good cookie that's healthier."

"We started by taking the best recipes -- the highest quality gourmet recipes -- and adding protein to them and finding the balance," Lincoln said.

With five times more protein and 10 percent fewer carbohydrates, the chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, and peanut butter treats are in line with some popular diets.

"The trend of the Atkins diet, the zone diet, the body for life diet," Lincoln said. "We wanted to make something in that realm, but not that healthy."

Lincoln admits his baked goods do contain some sugar.

"This is a treat," Lincoln said. "This is something that instead of doing without you can have something and feel a little less guilty."

So far, the tasty treats are a big hit in local gyms. Body builder Darin Page is pumped about the snacks. He said they don't leave him craving carbohydrates.

And the taste?

"I was expecting a diet-tasting cookie, but they taste like real cookies," Page said.

And that's something a sweet tooth of any age or weight can appreciate.

The Protein Bakery is located in New York City.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 11:58
100% pork rind free

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 215/182.5/180 Female 5 ' 10 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 93%

That's my kind of entrepreneur!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 17:29

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

If you think about it, it's logical: The extra protein helps lower the GI of the cookie and so it doesn't have the insulin punch a regular cookie would have. So it will not be as apt to cause cravings.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 07:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/203/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

I still have reservations: only 10% less carbs? And still uses (added) sugar? Hmmmmm.