Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 23:44

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default I declare

Hi everyone, I have an anouncement to make. No, I haven't lost more weight, but I will.

!!!! I am NOT constipated. Things did move quite slowly for me at first but they did not come to a halt. Now, I go more than I ever have
(sometimes 2xs a day ) and that bloated filled gut feeling is gone. That has never happened to me before, ever. I really needed to share that with everyone.

It all comes out in the end
Black57
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 00:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/152/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 16%

LOL....oh the little joys.
Glad everything is workin it's way out for ya !!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 08:46

BF:

THanks for responding. I am kinda like you. I hope to be down to 125 lbs by Thanksgiving. I hope to have a carb blow-out by eating mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and craberry sauce and do a repeat for Christmas.

Black57
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 08:48
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Sweet potatoes are fine for me in pre maintenance.... so if you are there, you can still make good choices.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 08:54

Plan: The Metabolic Diet
Stats: 155/149/125 Female 5'7
BF:25/22/16
Progress: 20%
Question HELP Mybe u can help me out!

I'm on day 5 of induction and nothing is MOVING! i always get constipated in general. Pre atkins I had to eat ALL bran every day in order to have some movement. NOw that I omitted the bran I"m stuck, and I HATE THIS. What did u do to get things moving again?? I really would love to add back the bran , but I want to follow the induction strictly. ANy suggestions.

BTW I drink TONS OF WATER, little salt, am tkaing psyllium husk pills,have alot of fat, eat two salds and some veg a day, and I excercise. SO what MORE can I do?!?!!

Piera
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 09:54

BF:

I don't do anything out of the ordinary. But, I do eat very well. I eat lots of veggies and fats. including olive oil and butter, without fear. Cheese doesn't even plug me up, however, I do eat it sparingly. I eat less food but I eat well. I don't eat alot of the manufactured low carb food but I do enjoy them as well.

Black
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 10:27

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

Good for you! I feel the same way! I have NEVER done this good on a diet....ever!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 11:22

Stats: 210/192/180 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 60%

A couple of days ago I posted that I used Correctol to get things moving because I thought I was constipated. Well for a quick update it got so bad that I went to the hospital on Monday. Come to find out that I had appendicitis and I was on the operating table Monday night!

What a surprise. I'm still in recovery though. What makes me the most mad is all the crap I ate in the hospital. I gained 4 pounds in 2 days. AAAaaaggghhh! How frustrating. I hadn't cheated for a couple of weeks and then I was basically forced to eat what was put in front of me. Oh well. At least I wasn't constipated.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 13:47
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

I go many times a day and I love it. I even stopped taking the psyllium capsules because don't think I need them. When I eat cheese I go so much it gets painful. I am lactose intolerant but I like cheese.

Peace
red