Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 20:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/161/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress:
Default shake drinks

Has anyone had the akins shakes??? I am a dental assistant, office manager, ect, in a small office, (just the doc and myself) and there lots of days that i do not have time to actually eat---- does anyone think these shakes are ok for a meal??? They are pricey but then again, to buy a lunch is not cheap either!!!!! Thanks for any help, Donna
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 20:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Well Donna, I personally love the Atkins cafe au lait shakes. I grab one when I'm in a hurry too although it's probably not a good idea to do this too often. My DH likes the strawberry and vanilla but I put the cafe au lait ones over ice and it tastes like an iced coffee. I do recommend you serve them cold. Preferably, refridgerate them and put them over ice when you drink them. It may be my imagination but if I pour a hot one over ice it doesn't seem as creamy as if it were already cold. Most people will tell you to avoid them during induction ( that dreaded I word again!) You will have to see how your body responds to them too. Some people say they stall their weight loss while they don't bother others at all. Sorry if that sounds confusing. Alot of this diet comes down to what works for the individual.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 05:14
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Donna,

I am another shake user. I will generally have one for breakfast, and have had no problem with them.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 07:11

Plan: Atkins / OWL
Stats: 260/208/190 Male 71 in
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori H
Most people will tell you to avoid them during induction ( that dreaded I word again!) You will have to see how your body responds to them too. Some people say they stall their weight loss while they don't bother others at all. Sorry if that sounds confusing. Alot of this diet comes down to what works for the individual.

While I'd agree that this diet comes down to what works for the individual, the number of people who have difficulty with shakes during induction is very, very few.

I'd suggest only that one avoid Carbolite shakes, as they contain Sugar Alcohols, which are prohibited on induction.

Atkins' RTD shakes and EAS Carb Control shakes are both acceptable, and fantastic.