Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 10:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/146/125 Female 5'4
BF:??
Progress: 28%
Default don't do this!!!

let me preface this by saying OK, i know it was stupid of me!

was more than halfway through my 2nd week of induction (with one minor cheat behind me; i keep falling off the horse lately but i get back on), i met some friends out, had 2 glasses of chardonnay. halfway into my 3rd, i realized i was DRUNK (and i can drink a lot more than that with no effects) and not only drunk but really wonky. dizzy, disoriented and not feeling nice at all.

well, i'd barely eaten in 2 days, not taken supliments, not excersized...

my boyfriend arrived and took me home. it was all i could do to not faint. not a drunken pass-out but faint - something was WRONG. he fed me vitamins, gatoraid and ordered a pizza.

once i ate & had the gatoraid, i felt much, much better but exhausted!!! like i'd just recovered from stomach flu or something.

so, i'm back on the wagon again, drinking my water, eating what i should, taking my vitamins & will start excersizing tonight.

a huge problem for me is that on this WOL i completely loose my appetite, and simply stop eating. combine that with everything else and i'm not surprised it happened.

so EAT everybody! eat what you are supposed to!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 10:38

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I also got smashed the first time I drank after starting this WOE and like you, did not eat much pre-drinking.

Your tolerance of alcohol definitely changes once you do LC....I still can only have 2 drinks over a few hours or get tipsy real fast.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 10:42

the bad part was eating all that pizza! but that's all he could think to do (no food in the house) and i was going down fast. and let me tell you, i ATE ME SOME PIZZA. oh well, lesson learned - the hard way.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 10:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/160/140 Female 5"3
BF:
Progress: 67%

Suzanne, it was all I could do not spit out my drink when I read your thread. I was just picturing you saying with a sassy attitude " Girrrrrrrrrrrllllllll, I ate me some pizza, O-K! I haven`t had a good chuckle like that in weeks. I remember when I drank a few glasses of dry white wine a little into my LC Wol, and believe me, I was drunk off my arse. My tolerance level totally dropped, and I had eaten so
I know it wasn`t that. I think my body chemistry changed somewhere along the line and I`m more susceptible to being inibriated and having hangovers the next day on next to nothing. glad you`re feeling better
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 10:59

bwwwaaahaahaaa! on another board i'm on, we call that 'spewing', and i get in trouble for causing a lot of spewing.

actually, i still drink alcohol, even on induction. but i really do believe it's stalling me so no more for a while.

not eating for 2 days + wine = me threatening to topple over.

oh i was suddenly starving. and that's the great thing about eating low-carb, you should never be starving! once he 'cured' me with gator aid, i'd have eaten anything that moved slowly enough for me to catch it. from now on, i'm eating my meals whether or not i am hungry.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 14:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/150/150 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

I learned to eat at designated times whether I was hungry or not, otherwise, i would be eating too little.