Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 19:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/160/130 Female 5 Feet 7 Inches
BF:26%/22%/18%
Progress: 25%

Excellent ...."The Bridal Challenge" I like that a lot
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 20:18

Stats: 225/168/140 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi everyone!

I've just read through this thread and I'd like to take part in the challenge as well. I'm not doing a darn thing in October (no vacation, no wedding), but I'll be 20 lbs lighter than today! haha

I'm really good at exercising and drinking water. I'm pretty good with sticking with low carb, except the dreaded carb creep started. I'm now off the fruit and nuts (except popcorn on Saturday nights with hubby). That is the one thing I allow myself. If I keep stalling on the weight loss it will have to go too!

Woohoo! I'm really looking forward to this challenge and seeing how we all progress!
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 21:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 68/?/60 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress:
Smile

hey everyone!

I'm actually getting really motivated now, you all sound great and I know that the brides especially will keep us all on the right track.

etoiles, great that you resisted the temptations, hopefully we can resist ALL temptations till at least October.

traisa, I don't have anything particular to lose weight for, just need to do it for my self-esteem. I am avoiding cheeses for now and nuts because I know they bring on cravings and I just can't stop at one handful of nuts!!

redcutie, I try and go to the gym everyday, do cardio and classes, fitball, circuit, tight & toned. have gone this morning, did 45 min bike and 20 min elliptical.
I know this will sound crazy, but I am aiming for 5 litres water daily (not sure how many ounces) I normally drink 4.5 litres anyway due to exercising.

skeeweeaka, no, have thought about trying carb blokers, but I haven't read any positive results on them.

well, my food goals will be to try to eat only fresh veggies, fish, eggs and tofu. I will avoid SF stuff, nuts.. and dairy.
will also avoid protein shakes as I find that when I have them I tend to get hungry shortly after and the sweetness causes me to crave.

daily supplements :
1 x multivitamin
2 x magnesium compound
6 x tonalin CLA
2 or 3 x 5-HTP
1 or 2 chromium plus (depending on cravings)

love to hear all your goals, exercise, food, water.

PLEASE keep me on track with my food!! I need the 'kick up the butt' sometimes.

oops this post got too long. nice to know that we're all in this together.

goodluck everyone
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 23:50

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

Everyone sounds like they are doing great!

For exercise, I try to do something everyday with the occassional break. I do like A-B-A-B-A-B so forth with richard simmons and then weight training/situps to build muscle.

I know, richard simmons can be kind of strange but it is long enough (1hr) and more possible than the tae bo video I had before.

My main reason for losing weight is to try to see if for once in my life I can be a normal weight. That would be almost surreal. So we'll if that is possible!

Cathie it sounds like your workouts are going great! You are doing a lot of wonderful stuff!

Good luck to the two brides! I wish I would have started this too before my wedding!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 02:23

BF:
Progress:
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by etoiles
My main reason for losing weight is to try to see if for once in my life I can be a normal weight. That would be almost surreal. So we'll if that is possible!

etoiles, we will help you do this!!

keep at it with richard simmons, he's proof that it can be done.

#21   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 04:51

Stats: 163/163/130 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:34%
Progress: 0%

Please do kick my butt for exercise. I hate that treadmill! Arghhhhhh!

H.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 08:22

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%
Thumbs up Exercise Is Hard....

Hey guys...the most difficult part for me is the exercise.... I did do the refeed and have a lot of energy now.... Did terrific on my step aerobics on Sunday...1 hour... Wasnt drained like I usually am. Will try to do some weights today and some walking.... Wish me luck...I need 2 huge kicks to stay motivated enough to exercise...lol
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 13:22

skeeweeaka: I hate my treadmill... it's a thing that comes from the bottom of my heart! I HATE IT! LOL

I like fun sports though... like skiing in winter. Too bad now it's summer.

H.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 17:29
Registered Member

Hi Everybody

Exercise= Any physical activity will do !!!

Try Walking (with great music) -instead of running on a treadmill. Set the distance rather then the time and you won't get over how far you've walked.

Now that summer's here

Try swimming laps - (The only exercise that works ALL the muscles) Get a kick board and set yourself to do as many laps as you can in a half hour in two or three increments. Your legs will be sooooooo toned in no time.

Try racquetball (with no rules)- Great for burning those calories and getting an all round workout and fun.

Try the FIRM - (available and affordable at borders in DVD or VHS) The floor exercise's are great for your ab's and inner thighs butt and arms.

Go Window shopping in a Gigantic mall. Drive way out if you have to Take a friend stop for a decaff coffee or tea chat and get to know yourself and others around you and walk around. It's fantastic cardio and sometimes you cannot get over many hours you spend walking around when you think of it.

Last but not least Enjoy Yourself ( In Joy Your Self )doing this
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 19:44

junebug23: I do sailing twice a week, but it's not as intense as downhil skiing... I need to find an intense sport that I like... and bike and skates are not my favourite.

H.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 19:58
Registered Member

Hellraiser: Bikes and Skates !!!!! me neither. I think that bikes are the worst thing invented but even though the word spinning makes me ill. I tried several spinning classes when I was not dieting and they say that you burn 700 to 1000 calories in a class. I'll save that for my plateau if I ever get there. Talk about intense
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 23:11

BF:
Progress:
Smile

Exercise= Any physical activity will do !!!

hey junebug, I couldn't have said it better myself!!

guys try and find something you think would be fun...forget the skiing for now , do you belong to gyms? if you do, try some classes, they can be very fun if you choose what's good for you.

even aqua classes can be fun and they're non impact but work your butt like crazy.

do you have dogs, go to the park, play with your dog and meet people...how cliche hey

I don't like the 'dreadmill' either, but I mix it up every so often because I know that it's a good calorie burner. but seriously, walking can be just as good if not better, just make sure it's not just a sunday stroll pace though, it needs to be a little faster to get results.

how's everyone doing on the food front, eating well? drinking water?

hope everyone's going great, have a fantastic day
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 08:34

Stats: 225/168/140 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

I'm so glad to hear everyone is exercising! Eventually your body will crave exercising. I don't know when, but they say it will! LOL

I am really motivated and looking forward to going to the gym after work today! I'm sure its because of this challenge! Sometimes its all I can do to drag myself there, but I feel wonderful when its over. I think that's true of most people.

I drank a TON of water yesterday. I felt really good!

Does anyone find that even though cream in your coffee (decaf) is allowed, does it make you crave more cream? I think I'm drinking the coffee just to have the cream, know what I mean?

Does anyone have some great quick lunch ideas?

Thanks everyone, we're all doing great!
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 10:00
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi everyone! Hope you guys are having a great Tuesday! TOM is still here but I feel much better today.

This morning I went to the gym early and did my cardio:
40 minutes 2.63 miles. I will do my upper body tonight.

Be safe all.

Peace
red
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 14:51

Stats: 175/175/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

I know I'm in a little late but I love a challenge. I just started Atkins but really need a push to exercise. So if you'll have me I'm in!!
Rachel