Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 08:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/187.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Smile New Member

Hello, I just joined. My brother lost a large amount of weight on a low carb diet so now I am trying. I was on a low carb diet earlier in the year, lost 14 lbs in 7 weeks, got off the diet and gained 8 lbs back. So this time I'm really going to stick to it. I have 50 lbs to lose to get back to my pre-children weight. I discovered that I don't have to cut back on carbs too much, just drop all breads, pastas, rice and processed foods, which cuts my calorie count way down. I can eat around 60 healthy carbs a day and still lose weight. (Nuts, berries, veggies, fresh meats, eggs, lots of water.) My blood pressure dropped to healthy levels in just four days, so that proves how much "bad" food plays a role in blood pressure levels. (I was getting results like 136/90. Sunday's result was 117/78. Much better!)

Anyway, good luck to all you with your diet plans, and I look forward to reading many good tips and insentives to help me stay on track with my goals!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 08:56

Stats: 244/217/140 Female 5ft. 5in.
BF:
Progress: 26%

Welcome to the boards ! This is a great place with wondeful knowledgable people. You will get lots of help and inspiration here. Good luck on your LC journey!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 10:41

Stats: 239/203/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 46%

welcome! Glad to have you with us! Your brother should be a good support and we are here probably 24/7 and if not live- lots of great inspirations!