Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 13:22

Plan: SB
Stats: 257/257/150 Female 62inches
BF:lots
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Slow weight loss

I just can't seem to lose any weight I have been at a stand still for about 2 weeks. I am getting very discouraged. What keeps me going is checking this forum. I've been a yo yo dieter for years. Yes, I can lose the weight but after I've lost it I put it right back on with added weight. This is the most I have ever weighed in my life and its getting scarry.I"m getting my water in staying between 20-25 carbs daily. I haven't been exercising and need to get off my butt. I joined curves but haven't been going because I"m going to physical therapy 3x's a week Dr. orders to stay away while going for therapy. My metabolism is very slow I"m sure because of years of yoyo dieting. I thought I was fat when I weighed 130 I wish now that I would weigh that. Eating this way I am not hungry so that isn't the problem. I would love to hear if anyone else has been where I'm at right now and if they have any suggestions. I've been checked for thyroid and it's ok. Sorry so long!! Tina
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 14:16

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

I feel for you. People who have been yo yo dieting in the past often have a hard time. Try a few little tweeks. Keep the carbs a little lower - 15 - 20 rather than 20 - 25. Start drinking green tea - it speeds up your metabolism. And try to excercise a little - even if this is just a short walk in the mornings before breakfast.

If you stick with it you'll crack it I'm sure - and you've got loads of other health benefits to look forwards to.

Good luck.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 17:36

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

You don't have a journal! Start one and list everything you eat and drink, including water, supplements and medications. It is hard to figure out what is happening without knowing what you are eating.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 21:24

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 257/239/220 Female 5ft. 7 1/2in.
BF:
Progress: 49%

I agree with Atriana--Start a journal and list what you are eating and drinking--also what medications you are on. Meds can sometimes slow weight loss. Have you read Dr. Atkins book?? He addresses medications that interfere with or slow weight loss. My doctor did a t3 and t4 to check my thyroid but only when he did a TSH---(thyroid stimulatin hormone) did he find that I needed a small dose of thyroid medicine. Hang in there and don't give up!!! Aleka
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 21:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Gee, it has only been a month and you have lost 9 pounds, so stick with it, cause you'd still have those 9 pounds if you did'nt start this way of eating right? It will come, be patient. Check out my records below, it did'nt come on over night, it won't disappear overnight, relax, start a journal, you'll do fine.

Cheers Kathy
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 06:01

Thank you everyone. I will start drinking green tea thanks for the info Robert. I will start a journal and I WILL TRY HARDER TO BE MORE PATIENT. TY ALL
TINA
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 09:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 245/232/175 Female 5 ft 6inches
BF:
Progress: 19%
Cool same boat

Dear Tina,

Reading your post was like reading my own life, and thoughts. I'm going to keep trying until the end of August. I figure some weight has to go by then! and when it does, I go for the end of september. (My goal is to go until Thanksgiving, to sample (small) my mothers mash potato's lol)

Hang in there, and so will I!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 12:17

Thanks for your reply Mandm, we will both hang in. I am so tired of being fat. I just need to be more patient. Some days are alittle harder than others.
Tina
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 20:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/178.5/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 27%
Cool

Tina,
I like you have been a yo-yo dieter but this plan has been easier for me to stick to than any other. Don't give up. Just this last 2 weeks I actually gained 2 pounds and was very upset cuz I was staying totally faithful. But I decided to go back and see what I had changed. I thought nothing but then I remembered my son just started football conditioning and is not getting home untill 8-8:30pm so we have been eating late for about 2 weeks. I decided to eat no later than 7pm and I dropped 1 1/2 pounds the first day of that. So anyway my advice is even though you think you aren't doing anything different you really might be. Go back and try to figure out if there is something that is making you hold onto the weight. Sorry this is so long but I was so happy to figure this out that I thought it might help you and others also!

Cori
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 20:54

Cori thank you so much for your reply. I will take a look and see what's going on. This forum has really helped me and everyone has been so helpful. I really appreciate your input. Thanks again Tina