Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 17:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins and Curves
Stats: 175/171/145 Female 5'6
BF:28%
Progress:
Default My Low Carb Diet

I have done the Atkins,Sugar Buster,Susanne Somers,most out there. I liked the 12 day diet because I could have my grapefruit, I do miss fruit, so now I follow a Curves diet. It is a program for carb-sensitive people or calorie-sensitive. I am the carb. It is very close to Atkins and the others except I can have a free shake once a day. My carbs are less then 20 for 2 weeks and then I will graze around 25-30. I have cottage cheese 1/2 cup with strawberries, or eggs and bacon, sausage etc.for breakfast, (the meats are free as on Atkins.) The lunches and dinners are simular, 6 meals each day, that is 3 with 3 snacks. My milkshake is made with vanilla soymilk and I use Equal and frozen strawberries. I never thought I would drink soy milk but the mixture is delicious. So that is my diet and I exercise, when I want any starch at all, I just count it in my carbs for the day. I would rather have the real thing in a small amt. seldom, then never eat any amount. WalMart sells the book for Curves if anyone is interested and it has exercises to do at home. I do not advertise the Curves program, just the book. Have a good day. Susan 60 years old 180/171/145 Trying all diets for 5 years
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 20:26

Plan: The Zone-as much as I can
Stats: 231/165/175 Female 5ft9in
BF:?,33+/24.2/22
Progress: 118%

Susan,
I don't know how carb sensitive you are, but have you looked into the Zone? The carb count is a minimum of 99 grams a day which a lot of people think is high, but I am also one of those that can't give up my fruit. A Week In The Zone is a perfect starter book that you could check out at the library or buy for $6.99. Just a thought. If what you are doing is working for you, then don't change a thing! Good luck and don't give up!