Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 17:58
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272/263/150 Female 5'8''
BF:?
Progress:
Default Cinammon muffins... saved my life!

I always had trouble with eating l/c because I can't eat meat and eggs in the morning (being European, I'm used to baguettes and croissants I guess!!!)

I found a recipe for Cinnamon mini-muffins from Atkins. (Actually, I make a bigger muffin, equivalent to 2 mini-muffins...). They are very low carb and super-duper tasty. They saved my mornings and I can even have them as a snack when I crave something "bready"...

I know some of you think the Atkins Bake Mix is expensive but it will last you for many, many mini-muffins! Enjoy!

Make ahead and freeze for an easy weekday breakfast.

1/2 cup sliced blanched almonds
1/2 cup Atkins Bake Mix
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 stick butter, at room temperature
12 packets sugar substitute
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1. Heat oven to 350° F. Spray mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.
2. Pulse almonds in bowl of food processor and 1 tablespoon bake mix until almonds are finely ground (the bake mix will prevent over processing of almonds). Add remaining bake mix, cinnamon and baking powder; pulse to combine.
3. With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar substitute on until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Beat in vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in almond mixture with a spatula. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with batter.
4. Bake 20 minutes or until set in middle. Transfer to wire rack for 5 minutes to cool. Turn out muffins on to rack to cool completely.

If batter appears runny, refrigerate for 30 minutes before filling tins.

Chocolate Mini-Muffins: omit cinnamon and add 2 scoops of Atkins Chocolate Shake Mix. Pumpkin Mini-Muffins: add 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree before adding eggs. Add 1 more egg; replace cinnamon with 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Banana Mini-Muffins: omit cinnamon and vanilla. Add 1 tablespoon banana extract.

Servings: 20
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake/Cook time: 20 minutes

Carbohydrates: 2 garms
Net Carbs: 1.5 grams
Fiber: 0.5 gram
Protein: 1.5 grams
Fat: 7 grams
Calories: 82
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 21:26

Stats: 239/208/135 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:don't go there!!!
Progress: 30%

Naty,
Thanks for the recipe -sounds yummy!!!
I bought the Atkins bake mix and have had an awful time figuring out what to use it for!! Now I know!!!!

Thanks!!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 22:58

Stats: 226.6/209/154 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Atkins bake mix

There is a 'recipe' for Atkins Bake Mix on this site somewhere... here it is:

1 cup soy flour
2 cups soy protein isolate (protein powder)
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons splenda.

Apparently, you use it as you would Atkins mix but it works out much less expensive. But I haven't tried it myself :-)

I have tried making things with soy flour as the main flour and they taste gross. So I am looking fwd to giving this a try... cinnamon muffins, here I come!!!

Katt