Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 17:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

The best craving buster I have found is cream cheese with splenda and cinnamon nuked in the microwave. Yuuuummmmm, and takes the edge right off. In fact, I think I'll go have a bit...lol.

L
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 17:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 166/157.0/130 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 25%

I have some "Fifty50" brand chocolates (found in the diabetic section) that work in a pinch. Their effective carbs are fairly low (esp. if you only have one), although they do use sugar alcohols so it depends on your tolerance for those.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 18:45

Plan: Dukan & Running
Stats: 195.2/155.4/155 Female 5'9.5"
BF:Jigglin'/less/firm
Progress: 99%

I had a sweet-craving phase for about two weeks, and I got chocolate whipped cream in a can and just sprayed it in my mouth! It's 1 carb per serving, as long as you have just one or two puffs, it's ok. It's easy to stop after 1 or 2 puffs, cos you feel such a fool doing it! (Seriously, it tastes awesome, especially after 2 weeks induction, when previously it would have taken a cake or something to curb the craving!)
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 02:01
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 176/154/121 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 40%

i live in australia so i'm not sure if americans have this product but i eat chocolate every day, it only has 0.2 carbs for a bar (50g) i get it at darralle. i know how you feel i couldn't live without my chocolate. if you can't buy darralle chocolate in ameriaca i think you can order it over the net.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 06:02
Registered Member

Plan: My own thing
Stats: 215/192/160 Female '5 "6
BF:
Progress: 42%

Thanks everyone. I know now that I am not alone in my frustration. I didn't cheat yesterday, but I really wanted to. I tested my DH yesterday and told him to get me a choc bar off of the top shelf in our kitchen (I can't reach that shelf w/o a step stool, which is under the crawl space of our house, which I refuse to go in), even though they are all low carb bars (I purchased them on my 3rd induction day, for a treat for myself after induction and made my DH hide them on the highest shelf possible, I can't even see them!). But he knew better, and said, nope, not until after induction. This coming from someone who could do 100 situps and lose 10 pounds (exageration, but you get my point). I just smiled and said ok, and proceeded to bake my salmon. I did all right. The cravings only come when I am in a place that I would normally grab a candy bar or cookies and just munch. Like at work. But I think I can hold out until then. I will also try the cream cheese and spenda thing. Sounds good. I'm still not gonna get on the scale until the last day of induction, for fear of disappointment. I hope to really get down the pounds on the WOE/WOL. I actually feel a lot better today, and my skin looks radiant! I don't have the usual circles around my eyes b/c of all the water I have been drinking. Anyway, thanks for the advice and the Just Do It responses. I needed to hear (read) all of them. There is so much wonderful support here, and you all have no idea how much that means to a person who feels all alone sometimes. Thanks guys,

Suga'
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 08:57
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
But he knew better, and said, nope, not until after induction. This coming from someone who could do 100 situps and lose 10 pounds (exageration, but you get my point). I just smiled and said ok, and proceeded to bake my salmon.

That sounds like my SO. There are times he can be a real jerk about not letting me cheat, such as when we go out to eat or are shopping. But there have been times it has stopepd me from grabbing a treat, so it does work, even when I want to kick him in the shins. Tough love I supose