Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 19:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/170/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%
Post Tired of drinking plain ol' water?

Went to CVS (Local pharmacy here) and looking through the aisle saw flavored water with no carbs made with splenda (says so on the bottle)and no caffeine. It's called Veryfine Fruit2o it has lots of flavors comes in 20oz bottle runs about a dollar a bottle. I found it really good. Try it out.

Chantal
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 19:22

Stats: 200/200/180 Female 5'6
BF:0
Progress: 0%
Default Fruit 2 O

i just wanna let every1 know that the drink Fruit 2 O is delicious, and it has no carbs...its made with Splenda and its great!! has anyone tried it?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 19:47

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Sorry to say I haven't been able to find it in Texas. But I have heard it is wonderful.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 20:06

Plan: SBD
Stats: 209/173/150 Female 5'7"
BF:40.9%/33.5%/23%
Progress: 61%
Cool Birddog

I'm in Austin also. I have bought Fruit 2 O at Randalls. I thought I saw it at HEB, I could be wrong. I've tried it, it was just O.K.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 20:24

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Thanks Bebet. I have been buying "Talking Rain" at costco. It is not sweet, just a hint of flavor.
There are 4 flavors per case. You might find it more to your liking.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 20:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/149/150
BF:13
Progress: 105%

yup its good stuff
if you have a costco near you, they sell a 24 pack for $9.99!
i have 10 cases in my basement
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 11:46
Registered Member

Stats: 150/139/120 Female 65.5
BF:
Progress: 37%

I've tried it and think it's WONDERFUL! I'm addicted to it I think. I have one sitting here right now. I get mine at Wal-Mart.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 19:50

Plan: kISS/Curves
Stats: 319/263/165 Female 67"
BF:49.5
Progress: 36%

I tried the lemon flavor today and was it good. I'm going back to CVS and clearing them out. It's a nice refreshing drink that's much more satisfying than diet soda. I'll try not to drink more than one a day until I see if it does anything to me (stalls or anything).
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 16:36

Stats: 141/130/115 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Fruit2o

I started drinking the Fruit2o to help get my water in. I actually cut it in half because it is a little sweet- so I get 2 16 fl. oz out of 1 bottle. It is sweetened with Splenda, so I was thinking this was okay. Also, the frozen one has 18 carbs, 8g of fiber, 8 g. of sugar alcohol- making it a nice frozen ice for 2 net carbs. Though I recently read in a post that the sugar alcohols can cause a stall and that they should be consumed in moderation.

Has anyone else been drinking or eating Fruit2o or has anyone heard anything about these products? Since I am in a 4 week stall, maybe this could be one of the reasons?

Responses would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ruthy
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 17:00

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

It could be Ruthless. I notice lots of people posting on here that says the sweeteners, even acceptable ones stall them. Same goes for the sugar alcohols. Why not try cutting them out and see if it helps. When you get down to the last few pounds they get stubborn about staying around too. Just hang in there...good things come to those who wait don't 'cha know?
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 17:21
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

You might try getting a water filter or using bottled water. Keep it ice cold and just sip all day, you'd be suprised at how fast the water amounts add up. Alot of people use the Fruit 2o without any problem, I don't know if it counts to your daily total of water you should be having though.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 17:32

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBelle
I don't know if it counts to your daily total of water you should be having though.

I hope so because it is primarily what I have been using as my water count...and I have been drinking tons of it!!!! After the first two weeks I was drinking lots of Crystal Light and the weight loss slowed right down. Then I found the Fruit2o. Guess I will go back to regular water

It seems a little discouraging- how does anyone ever get off induction???? I only reached adding 5 carbs a day and didn't always do even do THAT and the stalls start. I sooooo want to hang in there and get a whooooooosh!!!! Right now, to not GAIN I think I would be happy.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 17:35

Stats: 169/149/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

I drink the Fruit 2 o and quite enjoy it. I use it more as a treat. I used to like to come home from work and pour myself a glass of wine. Instead I reach for a Fruit 2 o or a Hansons diet soda.

Splenda hasn't caused any stalls. I think that aspartame causes stalls for me. I know that sugar alcohol stalls me, so I stay away from those unless I'm willing to count those carbs (and I haven't been willing to do that yet!).

Vicki
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 17:45

BF:

I never thought of counting the sugar alcohols......I don't think I am willing to count them either. Thanks for the insight though!
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 17:52

Plan: Dukan & Running
Stats: 195.2/155.4/155 Female 5'9.5"
BF:Jigglin'/less/firm
Progress: 99%

Fruit2o is so good! I've been drinking one a day after my morning walk. It doesn't seem to effect me adversely (I hope!) But a good substitute is flavored seltzer water, I drink alot of that too. I must look crazy in the grocery store with a cart chock full of bottled water!! But I'm really curious to know if many people stall on F2o, I may cut back....