Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 22:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/190/150 Male 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Cheated All Day

Well I cheated today with chinese food and mexican food and a big giant cookie. But I am hopping right back on my WOE. Not feeling too guilty. Journaling everything in a new Atkins Journal I got at the book store. BTW when I bought it the woman asked if I am just starting I said 'No I have been on it for a while' and she asked how much I lost and I told her and she said I didn't need to loose anymore I looked great

I can't believe I don't feel guilty.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 22:06

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Don't those compliments make your day?! You are doing great! Looks like you have the right attitude too...if you cheat, don't obsess about it, just enjoy and then keep low carbing!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 22:08

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

By the way Dustin, thanks for the link in your previous post about the no cheat symbol. With some help I finally figured out how to get it on my posts...and I are a 'puter dummy!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 22:10

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

Dustin
I agree with Lori.. you have a great attitude especially about cheating ( I personally FREAK OUT !! ) lol... and i also agree with the lady at the store you look great especially your b/a pics... wow big change
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 06:42
Registered Member

Stats: // Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I had my first cheatday too

yesterday I ate pizza and crazy bread from Little Ceasars (I was at a birthday party with my kids and starving- I don't even like pizza! should have been more prepared) then chinese food for dinner. I haven't done anything like that since June 25th when I started. It all tasted good but I don't feel my best this morning. I am hopping right back on the right WOE today.

I am not freaking out about it, it just reaffirmed for me, how much better I feel on this WOE/WOL.

Good low-carb thoughts to all!!

Tracy
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 07:31

Stats: 167/158/147 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 45%

You have done awesome Dustin, I am so glad you aren't feeling guilty!! Keep it up!!!
I also haven't felt guilty with my cheats!!
I had a breadstick with my VERY LOW CARB meal last night...........is that cheating???

Congrats on getting back on Dustin....

Heidi
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 08:08

Stats: 200/160/140 Female 5"3
BF:
Progress: 67%

Good morning dustin...you had a cheat day yesterday as well? lol...I went to a chinese buffet last night and eventhough I stayed away from things with white flour, deep fried batter, I couldn`t stay away from those sweet& sour ribs. The kicker was that my mom asked me if I had lost weight, all the while stuffing my face with food..lol..She gave me a sweet compliment, which felt nice.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 09:26
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 176/154/121 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 40%

thats so funny because i just cheated 10 minuets ago, i ate a whole block of chocolate, 5 packets of gummi bears, half a loaf of bread with butter. it was compleatly uncontrolable, i was freaking out and running round the house. i must have smoked nearly half a pack of ciggerets (closer to death by the second) however reading your threds made me feel much better, tommorrows a new day! does anyone get binge triggers from food they eat? i think i must have one with tuna in oil, because every time i have a can i can't stop eating, ahh i wish i were normal
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 10:11

Stats: 239/203/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 46%

okay, put up that cheat free symbol for WORKING on day one, Dustin. Glad you are back in the saddle! That is the type of thinking that makes this WOL work!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 10:28

BF:

Alexxa, you`re such a cuty...Your post made me laugh. Half a loaf of bread followed by an adrenaline freakout..lol....Too cute!! We`ve all been there, and the thing is to be able to get on the straight and narrow afterwards, which can be difficult since we feel like sabotaged the whole day anyways. I haven`t had anything to eat today, and i`m debating what to have for lunch...
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 10:30

Stats: 210/190/150 Male 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Err the mornng after I feel sooo bad... so not worth it.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 14:11

BF:

The thing that I have noticed, is that I get tired a lot more since my blood sugar is out of whack. I`m back in ketosis and everything is back to normal, but I can say that the 3 times that I had a cheat meal, I felt fatigued right afterwards and the day after. Not worth it? Perhaps...but it`s trial and error and if you can get back on the bandwagon , then perhaps kicktarting your metabolism again is worth it.If you`re the type of person who loses control(lord knows its easy) for days at a time, then don`t do it.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 19:16

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 282/276/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Justin,

I hope this isn't inappropriate. I just think you are the cutest guy. You remind me of my daughter's old boyfriend, whom I am very fond of.

I congratulate you on your awesome weight loss. Keep up the good work. Have fun back at school. The girls are going to be chasing you down....