Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 05:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 141/130/115 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 42%
Question Serious about Fat Fast

well....I am officially in a stall. Today is 4 weeks with no loss (actually gained 2 lbs) I have been patient and tried to wait it out. My goal has been very conservative- 1 lb a week. Every week of no loss (or slight gain) I told myself to wait, that it is not a stall until 4 weeks. Well, it is a stall. I am sticking to 20-25 carbs a day, adding a few things besides induction food. I have tried Fitday but, to be honest, I really don't have the time to enter everything in (though I may try to give that another try). I am getting my water in and doing what I am "supposed" to be (though, I could up the exercise some) I don't feel like I am in ketosis anymore and there really wasn't any reason that should have bummed me out. I listened to all the posts and have stopped using the sticks. Seems there are many many posts about different things that cause stalls- but there has to be SOMETHING we can eat that doesn't! I am seriously considering doing a Fat Fast to jump start things again.

Has anyone done a Fat Fast before? I really like this WOE, but if I am not getting any results then maybe this is not for me. I really want it to be for me. I don't have a huge amount to lose, but I still need to lose it!

I want to start the Fat Fast today. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I haven't posted much, but I read them every day. The posts have helped me hang in there, but I am feeling very discouraged.

Thank you,

Ruthy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 06:59
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

You can try a modified fat fast. That means taking any protein and mixing it with plenty of mayo or cream cheese and eating it when your hungry.

A lot of people are disappointed in Fat Fast results because though they lose while on it, they quickly gain back while off it. I think this is due to protein deprivation and the modified fat fast should alleviate this problem.

Also your problem might be related to how many times you are eating during the day (more than 5), how much artificial sugar (AS) you're having (more than 3), diet sodas and frankenfoods (lc products, shakes and bars).

You don't have a journal so we can't look at it to pinpoint the problem of what you're eating. Any lc program needs to be run strictly and clean (according to the book) for the first 2-3 weeks to get a baseline. That allows you to know what your chemistry is like when other foods are gradually added back in and what your reaction to them is.

If any non induction foods were included (regardless of what Atkins lc products pushers say are ok for induction) or induction limits were exceeded, weight loss can stall/stop. People can actually gain on induction when they have the bars. It has happened!!!

It also might be that your metabolic needs require another lc plan. You can look to the right for "what lc plan may be right for me".

Whatever plan you decide on has to be given a good chance to work as it's supposed to and that means running the chosen plan "clean".

Good Luck!!!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 12:00
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I agree about doing a strict induction. It helped me break my stall. I found the biggest reason for my stall (and I'm talking MONTHS since I quit smoking!) was "carb creep". I upped the fat, and dropped all "extra" foods for a few days, and started losing again. Those "extra" foods can sneak up on you!

I can't believe it was that simple, since I didn't think I was hurting myself by having a few non-induction things occasionally, but when I cut out sugar alcohols, and limited myself to JUST what I was supposed to have, after 6 months,I got rid of the 5 lbs I had put back on, so now I'll believe it!