Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 17:55
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue
Progress: 52%
Default Nasty sweat

I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing particularly odorous sweat on this WOE. I certainly have been and it's gone on for weeks. I am appalled at myself when I am at the gym, even in spanking clean clothes. I suppose it could be toxins in stored bodyfat which is being burnt? Or maybe just hormones?

yuck....

Emily
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 18:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 351/229.6/200 Male 73 inches (that's 6'1)
BF:??%%/24.5%
Progress: 80%

Ketones are released in several ways. Sweat is one. I know I sweat like crazy at the gym. It is actually embarrassing sometimes. I have never noticed an odor but it would not surprise me.

OG
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 18:59
Registered Member

Stats: 252/224/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 27%

I have always been a heavy sweater, but then again I live in Florida and can walk from the front door to the car and bust out in a sweat. I have just upped the Shower to Shower and Secret deo. I will take the sweat if it gets this weight off.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 08:30
Registered Member

Stats: // Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Yes!! My sweat smells STANKY!!! I was just talking to a friend about how I haven't smelled this bad since after I gave birth to my twins. When all of those pregnancy hormones were sweating out of me- it was stinky just like this. I am a BIG sweater too- but it doesn't smell all the time. I did notice that during and after band practice (I am a vocalist) it is extra bad because of the physical exertion. Also, sometimes at night I sweat (this happened a lot during the first 2 weeks of induction).

For me- I don't care as long as the weight is coming off. But, I am constantly asking my boyfriend "Do I smell?" LOL

I just shower and powder more, keep deo in my purse, and carry scented lotion with me all the time.

Good low-carb thoughts to all!!

Tracy
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 10:03

Plan: Restart Atkins 5/15/09
Stats: 155.5/134/125 Female 5' 1 1/2 "
BF:Shhh.....
Progress: 70%

not me personally, but there is a lady who works with me. She is on Protein Power and smells really bad. Everyone has noticed. I guess it affects diff people diff ways. I would just keep some powder with me at all times.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 10:18

Stats: 206/183/145 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 38%

I was up in Vegas and my friend was on her 2nd day of Atkins and I'm in my 8th week - we were both sweating (no strong scent) terribly and our two friends who are not on Atkins were not sweating at all. We knew we had a problem when we were in a house that was 75 degrees and we were still dripping wet.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 13:06

Stats: 214.9/187/150 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 43%

I just think of it as the smell of fat burning!