Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 16:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 416/369/185 Male 5 ft. 8 in.
BF:
Progress: 20%
Unhappy Need help? Stuck in neutral

I've been doing this WOE for exactly 2 months now and getting a bit discouraged. started at 416 and am only down to 399. Stalled for the last 4 weeks. After my first 2 weeks of Induction, I added a few nuts to my plan but have still maintained strick 20 carbs per day. I did have one can of Diet Mt. Dew per day though. I suspect the nuts and Mt. Dew might be giving me trouble and have eliminated them as of last Saturday. I hope this is the cause. My fitday can be seen at http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...?Owner=Mr%2EMel. I would appreciate any comments from you all.

Last edited by Mr.Mel : Tue, Jul-29-03 at 16:19.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 16:35
Former Couch Potato

Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Had a quick look. You're eating a lot of salty foods, which might mean you're retaining some water. Are you making sure to drink a lot?

I also think your calories are too low, given your weight. You might try boosting them up a bit. Are you shooting for 65-70% fat?

Aside from the aspartame, which is quite possibly the culprit, the only potential staller I see is the squash. It can be quite carby. Are you being very careful with your measurements of foods like that?

Hang in there! You'll figure it out. And you'll be glad you stuck it out, despite the frustration.

K.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 16:39

BF:

Thanks, I am cutting down on the salt too.
The squash was Zucchni squash which is a summer squash - only 1.4 net carbs per half cup. Yes I'm trying to get 65% to 70% fat per day.
I think I'm in the ball park with that, but you think I need MORE calories? I'm already between 1800 and 2200 a day,

Last edited by Mr.Mel : Tue, Jul-29-03 at 16:44.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 17:10

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hi, there, don't give up, I had a quick look as well, and have to agree, you need more foods, like the allowable veggies, caul, broc, spinach. Avocado will help the calories and its a healthy fat.
Your body may think it's starving. I would watch the processed meats, yes they do have hidden carbs and lots of salt that will intervere. Also the dill dip, what is in that? The nuts you should be eating, (serving=small childs hand) are almonds, pecan walnut, macadamia, peanuts are not recomended.

Do you drink coffee? if so what do you put in it, this is where many carbs believe it or not can add up, between the cream and sweeterner, and coffee it's self has carbs.
Are you eating any shakes or bars? they tend to backfire on some people, big time.

Just some ideas, hope it helps, I my self have been stuck for 3 weeks now with only 5 pounds to go! It can be fustrating, however, you would'nt want those 19 or so pounds to return either, right? so hang in there.

Cheers Kathy

Opps one more thought, with your weight, perhaps induction should be longer, I did about 4-5 weeks, it seems very few people here do just 2 weeks.
K

Last edited by Kathy54 : Tue, Jul-29-03 at 17:12.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 09:32

BF:

Thanks, I have not used any bars or shakes, I'm afraid I might like them too much!