Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 14:37

Plan: CAD
Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%
Question LC Food Favorites?

I know that there is a huge recipe section on this forum, but I'm a bit overwhelmed hunting through them all. Can I just get a few suggestions on everyone's favorites? (with maybe a link to the actual recipe?) Something that's become a staple in your household?

I made the peanut butter cups last night, and tonight I'm making the Deep Dish Pizza Quiche and maybe the Chocolate Cheesecake I also got the French Toast to try tomorrow morning. I just really want to add variety so that this woe never feels like a "diet"!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 14:49

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 236/207/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 38%

The only recipe I have tried from this site is " Stracciatella (Italian Egg Drop and Parmesan Cheese Soup)" I made it for lunch the other day when my lowcarb friend came over and we had it with a side salad and we really enjoyed it. Here is the link http://www.lowcarb.ca/karen/recipe029.html

I try to be a little more creative and what I tried about a week ago was I grilled chicken breast & bacon, shredded some marble cheddar. When the chicken was cooked I put some cheese on top, then I put 2 slices of bacon and more cheese overtop the bacon and put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds, just enough to melt the cheese and it was delicious. I have made it since then and I love it everytime. I will be trying it with some smoked ham and swiss cheese for a little of the cordon bleu affect and maybe some blue cheese dressing on the side...YUMMY.

Last edited by LCalamari : Tue, Jul-29-03 at 14:52.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 15:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/128/110 Female 5'1.5"
BF:Yes
Progress: 56%

I am a huge fan of the DDPQ. I am going to make it tomorrow. It is the closest thing to pizza IMO. I love the recepie on this site for stuffed mushrooms and the one for jalapeno poppers........NUMMY
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 15:51
This is the year

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Deep dish pizza quiche - lifesaver!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 20:17
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I made a really good chili a few nights ago, recipe is in my journal. I've also thrown a corned beef brisket in the crock pot, yummmy. The next day take and cube some of the brisket, take canadian bacon cubed, and regular bacon cubbed, then fry all of them with LC maple syrup and add to scrambled eggs. Extreamly high in protien and cals, but good. I also made a really good coconut milk curry with lamb and grated cauliflower.

With cauliflower grate then fry and add other veggies and meat for a pork fried rice. Mash cooked cauliflower for fake potatoes. I also really like tossing sticks of zucchini in olive oil and pepper, then grilling. For a snack take 1 Tbsp cream cheese and either mix with 1/2 an avacado, or 1 Tbsp almond butter and 1 packet sweetner. I also love nuts as a treat.

Now if I could just get those low carb tortillas a try and find more of my soy milk I'd be a happy camper
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 20:40

Plan: lowcarby WW
Stats: 212.6/198.8/191 Female 5 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 64%

This diet has really been my push to start really cooking (first time in my life!).

We really like to eat thai and indian food, so here's our favorite thai larb recipe: http://www.spicecuisine.com/recipes.php?id=22 or here:
http://www.siamweb.org/content/News...ew/beef_eng.php
you can make it with beef or chicken, and we never use the toasted rice (kao kua).

The thai chicken stirfry on the atkinscenter site was the first food I made that DH said, "you know, I think I'm going to like Atkins this time."
http://atkins.com/food/recipes/all/...with_Basil.html