Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 12:31

Plan: Atkins modified for my needs
Stats: 155/145/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress:
Default 10lbs post baby ......buddy?

I only need to loose 10 lbs and would really enjoy buddying with someone who also has those last STUBORN after baby pounds to loose (around 5 to 15). And then the Tighten and Toneing. My "baby" just turned 1yr old........any new mommies want to buddy up?

I am NEW to this forum and to the Low Carb diet.....experianced help is welcome
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 14:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167/143/130 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Your buddy is here

Hi,
My youngest is three now, but I gotta get rid of about 15 pounds and I'll be happy. Happier. I've come so far and feel so good to be able to put on a size 10, but have gained some over vacation. Love to talk to you to keep me motivated. I know alot about what I can eat and not eat. Been doing this on and off for a long time. It WORKS!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 09:14

BF:
Progress:

I am very new to this and have attempted 3 times to get through induction. I have done good here this 3rd round but have still cheated some.

Last night I made the kids some Chips Ahoy cupcake things. I tried a bite of one and didn't like it but 2 hours later I ate one anyway......I swear I don't know why I do the things I do.

Bad thing is I tell myself ...."Oh your not Fat you just need to Tone up ...... A little carbs won't kill you. " And that blows my diet.

Those last 10 lbs don't just MELT away like I wish they would. They are the most stuborn and easiest to brush off as "not that big a deal".

I am 5'8" and weigh 145 (prefect height/weight according to charts and docs). My real goal is not so much the pounds as it is the inches. I wear a size 12 and I want to be back in a 10. My measurements were 35 chest 32 waist and 40 hips....I want to get to 34/28/36 ...I have wide hips bones after 3 babies and dont expect to get back to a 34 hip.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 16:36

Stats: 167/143/130 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress:

I am totally not doing the induction phase right now. I seriously can only take it for so long. BUt I definitely watch my carb intake. Today, I woke up craving donuts and ended up eating french toast! That's bad. I wore a tank top today and can definitely tell in my arms I've gained. Trying to be more active and eat less!!! I have a huge appetite. Good luck.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 13:03

BF:
Progress:

I lost a lb! 144lb now goal 138
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 11:15

Stats: 137/133/125 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi-
I have 2 girls. They are 5 and 3. I'm trying to lose 10-15 pounds. It is hard. I've been doing Atkins since the begiining of July. I like it so far. Actually, I'm in a much better mood and patient withmy girls. Are you a stay at home mom or do you work outside the home? I stay home. That seems to work out best for my family. Angie