Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 13:08
Busty McChacha

Plan: atkins
Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Ben & Jerry's Chunkey Monkey Ice Cream

Last night I was feeling kinda wonky. I had dinner at my mom's house. She had grilled jerk chicken tenders, corn on the cob, peas and wild rice and Gaspacho and vanilla hagan dazs. I only had four chicken tenders and the gaspacho (sp). I felt pretty good about that. When I left her house I found myself turning into the local safeway where I bought a container of the aforementioned chunky monkey ice cream, one package of mrs. fields cookies (the ones that are individually wrapped), and one package (3) chocolate chocolate chip otis spunklemeyer muffins. sigh. I opened two cookies in the car and ate those on the way home. When I got home I sat in front of the computer, opened up the chunky monkey and had four spoonfuls. I opened up the muffins and ate about 3/4 of one. I could see a reflection of myself in the computer monitor eating this stuff. I got up poured hot water over the ice cream and stuffed the remainder of the muffins down the disposal (this is gross to say but if i put the muffins in the trash there is a slight chance I would have gone back and maybe had one (shudder). I left the remainder of the cookies out because they were individually wrapped and I knew my kids would eat them. Sigh. Thats my confession. I do feel good that I was able to stop myself but on the other hand I feel bad at how strong the compulsion was to eat!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 15:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/147/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 72%

Don't beat yourself up over that. Ive been LC'ing since last December and have had many slip ups along the way. I tell myself...if I eat right 90% of the time why beat myself up over the other 10% Youve made great progress so far...be proud of yourself!!!!!!! You are human and will slip up every now and again! You can do this! Goodd luck to you!!!!

Happy L'cing
JEssica
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 15:47

Plan: was Atkins now SB
Stats: 200/197.5/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:42/42/23
Progress: 10%

You were very courageous to do what you did, I don't think I could have done it, all that ice cream gone! My downfall is Ice cream!!

I've been avoiding DQ. bUt don't know how long I can hold out!!

Pascale
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 21:30

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

Your story sounds so familiar! I had something similar happen to me this past weekend but with Chinese food. We ordered chinese food and both my DH and I are low carbing but forgot to say no rice. So when we got home with the take out, I thought 'well just one forkful of rice since it's a new place, to see if they cook it nicely'. Which turned into three forkfuls, and then I for the first time on this diet saw the carb monster returning and I also rushed over to the garbage disposal and shoved it down there. Then I opened up the packages of fortune cookies, took out the paper and shoved those down there too.

I know the feeling of even if its in the trash you might still want some....

Congratulations on regaining control of yourself before the carb devil returned!! Thank goodness for a garbage disposal!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 22:29

Plan: lowcarby WW
Stats: 212.6/198.8/191 Female 5 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 64%

Iris, thank you so much for posting! My DH and I had such a good laugh at the thought that only the disposal is safe (trash is not). What makes you laugh most? If you'd do it too!!

We're doing pretty well , but we know all the instincts. Hearing about others makes us feel not alone. Again, thanks - and keep lowcarbing!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 12:16

Plan: General LC
Stats: 232/157.4/145 Female 5'6.5
BF:...getting lower
Progress: 86%

I wish I could shove the cheesecake hubby brought home down the disposal, but he would kill me...LOL
I could just see me - like some junky trying to flush their stash of drugs - shoving handfuls of cheesecake down the drain and getting caught! Most of the time, he is very supportive, but when it comes to his cheesecake - furgettaboudit!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 16:07
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

god I LURRRRRRRRRVVVVVVV chunky monkey ice cream!!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 00:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 254/215/150 Female 64"
BF:C198/T126/H53/L120
Progress: 38%

Wow, that had to take a lot of courage, fessing that indulgence up to us all! Im proud of you-for catching yourself before things got to out of control-and knowing yourself well enough to get rid of the fix completely.

This weekend, I found myself dipping into the corn chips and nacho sauce while playing cards with the kids (not fair to make them live lo carb!) I kept going to the kitchen and washing off a few more stalks of celery and eating those instead. I went through an ENTIRE head of celery sat night.

Congrads to the rest of you for having the willpower to handle the cravings also!!!

JC