Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 14:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/160/143 Female 5'4"
BF:36.4/35.2/25
Progress: 43%
Default Where to find Induction Recipes/Menus?

My husband and I are starting 'Induction' on Monday. The general recipes I found here are too high in carbs for the Induction phase (not more than 20 carbs).

Can anyone suggest where some low carb induction recipes can be found!

Thanks for any help you can send my way.

Desperate in Dietville - LOL!
(aka Maddy)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 14:23

Stats: 316/273/180 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

www.atkinscenter.com
It has recipes and lets you know if they are ok for induction as well.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 15:00

Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Talking

My hubby and I found that a lot of our recipes work just as well for low carb. I eat a meat-frequently grilled-or fish or seafood plus two veggie selections-a salad plus veg or 2 different veggies. Just avoid the sauces with white flour and/or sugar/honey in them! By the way, lunch can be the same sort of thing--I personally love leftovers for lunch! And nowadays, the salda mixes come bagged, it's so easy, and you can use the full-fat salad dressings-yummm!

For breakfast, I stuck to omelets of all kinds-crab swordfish, cheese, chicken, whatever is in the fridge, plus sausage ready-to-microwave-check the ingredients and carbs on the sausage.

Atkins site has many recipes, but I found they weren't the way I eat--but, hey, check it out, they might suit youj just fine. Good luck!

#4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 15:15
Former Couch Potato

Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

A lot of the Atkins recipes call for Atkins products. Don't feel you need to buy all these things in order to do LC. I have been on the program 5 months and have never really used any LC products, except Splenda.

You'll probably find most of your dishes can be adapted for LC. Just leave out the bread, pasta, rice and potatoes. Meats and most veggies are fine. You can dress them up with yummy cream sauces or hollandaise or melted cheese or ..... mmmm, lunch time!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 15:38

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

This is a good recipe site: Carb-lite.au.com

There are also a lot of recipes on this site when you click "Low Carb Recipes" on the orange bar.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 19:38
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

There is a low carb recipe section on this site you can browse through. Many of us also keep journals on here you can look at that show what we're having and can include recipes. If you want to stick with it, I would recomend getting the book "500 Low-Carb Recipes" it is the LC cookbook I use most often. Almost any recipe can be made low carb. Just be very creative and you won't get bored on this WOE
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 19:50
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Maddy,

Our Karen (bless her chef's heart) has collected many recipes suitable for Induction in the thread "Atkins Induction Suitable Recipes." Click here to be taken to the thread.

Cheers.

Rosebud
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 06:25

Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

I agree, 500 Low Carb recipes by Dana Carpender is a really good book. I also list all the recipes I use in my journal (I eat induction level carbs and don't use atkins products when cooking). You are welcome to stop by any time.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 08:12

Stats: 173/160/143 Female 5'4"
BF:36.4/35.2/25
Progress: 43%
Smile

Thank you. everyone, for your great ideas and suggestions!!! I am printing out recipes like crazy!

I also know how to read people's journals (thanks Sunspine!). I will start using my own journal to list what I eat, and what works, etc., along with recipes I like. That way, everything will be in one place. I think organization and prepartion will be key for me on this Plan.

I'll be buying our 'Induction' groceries today, and now have an idea what to buy, as per some of the recipes.

Thanks, again!

Maddy

Last edited by msmaddy : Sun, Jul-27-03 at 08:16.