Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 12:23

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

i gave all mine to charity. i couldn,t bear to see them and think that they,d actually fitted me.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 13:57

Plan: was Atkins now SB
Stats: 200/197.5/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:42/42/23
Progress: 10%

Babeez I'm going to try what you suggested, I have lots of nice clothes that are just too big. I'll put my sewing machine to work!
I haven't go a clue on altering tops so I'll stick to pants & skirts!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 14:03

Plan: General Low-Carb
Stats: 225/181/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 88%

About four days after I packed my old clothes up to send home to my parents, one of my friends' apartments burned down... and she just happened to be the size I'd outgrown! I passed all my old jeans on and restocked her blue jean collection. (I also offered some dresses and skirts but she turned them down.)

Kismet.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 21:16
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%
Talking I'm just pure evil...

I gave mine to my sister.. she always claims to be three sizes smaller than me, rags on my food choices, blames her thyroid after I WATCHED her eat six doughnuts in one sitting, etc.

Her denial is really sad, but I still feel a bit of "HA!" after all the times she claimed to be smaller than me, to see my "outgrown" clothes be a bit too snug on her..
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 21:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 217/209/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hey, anyone going to list 1x or size 16 on ebay? I might want to browse!
I'm limited on the amount of clothes I have (hate buying these sizes and also hate spending $$), and I haven't lost enough to get down into my old things. I have TONS of smaller stuff tho because I used to be from a 9-11 and have kept it all!
Traci
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 06:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/258/135 Female 5'5
BF:49%/??/??
Progress: 22%

I've been wondering that exact thing...what to do with my too-big clothes? This sounds weird, but parting with them is kind of bittersweet. I mean, before I starting losing weight, I thought I would be elated to throw them away (not give them away, THROW THEM AWAY). But now (and I know this is irrational!), I feel like it would be disrespectful to them (!) to do that. They served me well when I needed them and, frankly, took a great deal of abuse and still held up. So, I am going to donate mine to a program that provides clothes to low-income women that are transitioning to the workforce. My clothes range from formal to professional to business casual to very casual. Maybe my clothes can help improve someone else's life...hopefully, it will be someone that is trying to lose weight and get healthy and therefore it will just be a brief stop, before they are passed on to someone else.

However, I will be keeping some as a reminder of where I was and how much I have accomplished!
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 11:27
Registered Member

Plan: Various
Stats: 196/172/154 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Blessing with old clothes

I just gave away a load of clothes, some of them quite posh (my professional clothes, I'm a musician and performer). I tried to give them to a clothes exchange (consignment) and she said if I could wait till October there were quite a few she might try to sell for me, but the season was all wrong at the moment. I didn't want to wait that long for a little bit of money so I brought them straight down to the charity shops up the road. Gone. Feels good. Does anyone here know Flylady? She talks about how we bless others when we give away our things. I get that. The charity wins and the person who buys a bargain also wins.

Gez
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 13:14

Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

I don't know what happened to my largest pair of Jeans (54-56)...which was the only pair I could find that fit me when I was at my heaviest. First visit post Atkins I picked up some of my old 50s, second visit 46/48s. I don't have any old clothes between 36 and 46...so, I'm gonna have to buy new ones. I usually leave the clothes I can't fit into anymore at my parent's place...and bring back ones that fit. I want to find the 54/56s because I would love to take one of those pictures where the person holds the waist of their old clothes to show how much they lost.
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 19:37
Registered Member

Plan: primarily Atkins
Stats: 180/137/138 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

I've done a little of all of the responses. I have a pile of things right now to alter. I have about half closet full ready to take to consignment, and I had a garage sale in March. Today, I went shopping and found some great replacements! I love being able to buy "regular" sizes. All new purchases were 12's.
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 11:17
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

sounds daft but when I lost loads of weight before I chucked away all my big clothes!! Which i regreted whan I gained weight because no matter how I tryed to avoid buying some clothes that fitted, I had to, so this time they will be boxed up and stored in tha attick just incase!!
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 08:43

Stats: 266/197/168 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

I hung on to my for way to long, then I finally bagged them up and passed them on to a local charity that gives stuff to local people who need it(food - clothes etc). There is a big demand for larger size clothes and not much out there. so with my good things I passed them to that organization, then for my not so good/great stuff I sent off to Goodwill. I am very happy to be rid of them, and it seems every week I have something new to pass on!!