Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 06:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 178/174/130 Female 63
BF:
Progress:
Default when will i see the difference?

Hey everyone! I've been on this diet since Mon. It's now Friday, and I've lost 2 lbs. but I was also sick, so I don't know whether to account the weight loss to that or the diet. I bought some of those ketostix and I'm in the dark pink/light purple area. I'm assuming this means I'm in ketosis right now. Can anyone tell me when they started noticing a difference in weight change? Also, how often did u exercise?

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 07:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 233/197/163 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 51%

Hi, if the sticks show a colour change then yes, you are in ketosis - congratulations!

As to the weight loss, everyone is different, I have much more to lose than you and lost quite a lot in my first week which then slowed, I didn't lose anything for 3 weeks but I did go from a size 22 to 18 in the first month.

Hope that helps, but keep in mind that your body will lose at it's own rate
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 08:28

Stats: 180/159/135 Female 63 inches (five 3)
BF:5'3"
Progress: 47%

i've been told in this forum that the average loss for the two week induction phase should be somewhere around 10% of the amount of weight you want to lose. general rule of thumb after that is 5% of how much you want to lose per week. everyone seems to be losing at different rates though, so i dont know if this can be used as a rule of thumb well or not. congrats for being in ketosis!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 08:55

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 298/270/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 19%

When I restarted lowcarbing just over a couple of weeks ago I was upset that I lost only two lbs in the first week then to my suprise TOM came that weekend and I was down 10 overnight!! Tommy can make it seem that you are losing slowly but then whoosh!!!! You are on the right track and using the stick helps prove it. I know that many people do not like the stick but it helps me keep focus.

You are doing a great job keep up the good work!!!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 09:05
Registered Member

Stats: 222/197/180 Female 5' 8"
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 60%
Default Newbie

I've been on Atkins for just over 2 months now and in my first month I dropped 19 pounds! Since then I have been in a MAJOR STALL I can't seem to loose at least 20 pounds, I'm literally stuck at 19! Everyone is different. But that first month I just watched the weight fall off and all my friends noticed a big difference in my appearance.
Give it time. Remember, it took time to put it on, and it will take time to take it off also! You've only been doing this a week!
Be patient it will happen. And stick with it, it's a GREAT way of life and you'll feel so much better
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 10:04

Stats: 164.5/157.5/125 Female 5'2"
BF:36%/36%/20%
Progress: 18%

I am in day 11, down 3.5 lbs, I have not noticed yet but I am trying to stay motivated I am hoping once my TOM ends I will drop even more. I have not started exercising yet but that is my goal for this next week. Hang in there!!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 17:28

Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Talking

I noticed a change between 5-10 lbs. It give your spirits such a boost!! Kee going, you'll get there!!

#8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 17:44

Stats: 198/185/148 Female 5'10"
BF:36%/31%/23%
Progress: 26%

Sorry to read you were sick, truely hope that has past. Some of us haven't even lost anything - even finishing my 3rd week on Induction! So in my view, I wish I was you. But, inches can be lost without the scale showing it. I am so happy to be off the NEED for sugar or caffine, which are really be achivements for all of us.

Keep with it and you will be successful!