Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 08:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/145/125 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default This is my 8th day!

Im so happy to have made it to my 8th day! I have lost 10lbs in the first week, with exercise and closely watching my carbs and also with lots of water. I even started walking to class rather than driving. The days when I didnt want to do my workout tapes I just put them in anyway and started because I know that once I start something I HAVE to finish. I did measurements and all that the night before I started back to LCing, and I did the measurements again last night......said I would do these every Thursday, and I was surprised to see that none of my measurements have changed although people say I look different So I dont know how I have lost yet....maybe Im not doing the measurements right......any suggestions? My clothes are fitting alot different though...so I really dont know about those measurements.
Im going home for the weekend today, and Ive been plannin on what to do to avoid the careless attitude and falling off because I know how hard it is for me to get started. I have started planning menu's and also getting into to the thinking that when I get hungry to run straight for my LC foods. Ive made it this far and the cravings arnt as bad so I know I can make it through the weekend.....and thanks to everyone for your support and ideas about staying LC even while traveling......I will still be LC when I get back and hopefully will have lost even more.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 09:08

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

thats a brilliant start!!
keep up the good work

christine
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 09:09
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

8 days and you are already stressing.... oh gosh.

You are doing great and making good choices and others can see a difference in your weight distribution already. This is amazing.

Relax, this is a slow and healthy process and you will get to your goals when your body lets you.

All the best.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 09:45
Registered Member

Stats: 173/145/125 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 58%

yes I know I have to remember to be patient patient patient.....all is good so far, and its getting so much easier!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 11:19
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Good girl... now step away from the scale and learn to enjoy eating again!