Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 01:56
Registered Member

Plan: Protein power, low fat, low carb
Stats: 118/111/100 Female 5'6
BF:13%
Progress: 39%
Talking Fast pound drop tips!

Ok, I thought I'd share the wealth... I've read this book called Living Low Carb by Fran McCullough, I've found this particular section particullary helpful on droping the lbs. fast... here's what she suggests:

Take your supplements: liver cleansing, L-carnitine, omega 3's.
Drink even more water than usual, ex. a gallong a day would not be too much!
Exercise more than usual.
Eat enough protein but not too much, and try to keep it to fish, eggs, and protein shakes.
CUT BACK DRASTICALLY ON THE DAIRY PRODUCTS, OR ELIMINATE THEM ALL TOGEATHER.
Be careful about nuts, and emphasize green vegetables and salad.
Check to be sure your calories are somewhere between 1,200 and 1,500, depending on your size.

Do not follow this regimen for more than 2 weeks, or else you could send your body into starvation mode, which will slow down your metabolism and leave you wih a permanent limited calorie budget.

I hope you all find this helpful, I sure did, and it did work to speed up the weight loss for me, just one other thing, when you come off it, if you decide to take this on, do so slowly, or else you'll gain the weight back... add in the meats and a little carbs very slowly, and monitor your weight.

Jessica
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 10:05
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Exercise more than usual. Eat enough protein but not too much, and try to keep it to fish, eggs, and protein shakes.
CUT BACK DRASTICALLY ON THE DAIRY PRODUCTS, OR ELIMINATE THEM ALL TOGEATHER.
Be careful about nuts, and emphasize green vegetables and salad.
Check to be sure your calories are somewhere between 1,200 and 1,500, depending on your size.

Do not follow this regimen for more than 2 weeks, or else you could send your body into starvation mode, which will slow down your metabolism and leave you wih a permanent limited calorie budget.

Except for the 0 meats and addition of shakes, this sounds somewhat close to what I already do. The only thing I have arguement with is that it is low enough calorie to cause starvation mode. While for alot of people this is true, some of us shortie people only need 1200-1500 calories a day
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 10:55

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Yep! I did this...cutting out my beloved shakes and eating more meat, veggies and less dairy and whalla...losing faster in both pounds and inches! Dairy can be evil for some of us So now...2 oz a cheese a day and its working and am also trying to have only 1 small snack instead of 2 a day. The only thing I am not doing more of is exercise...been really slacking off...need to get back "into the swing of things".
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 14:58
Registered Member

Plan: Protein power, low fat, low carb
Stats: 118/111/100 Female 5'6
BF:13%
Progress: 39%

Glad to see this technique works for you guys too, yeah 1,200 may be to little for taller or larger people, but for me at 5'6" and 114lb, I usually try to keep it at 1,000... probably should be more now that I'm running on the tredmill 30 min every day, but we'll see how my weight loss goes! My main problem is cutting out the sugar free candies, they are so addicting! Thanks for replying to this guys!

Best of luck!

Jessica
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 08:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/138/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessaLynn
Glad to see this technique works for you guys too, yeah 1,200 may be to little for taller or larger people, but for me at 5'6" and 114lb, I usually try to keep it at 1,000... probably should be more now that I'm running on the tredmill 30 min every day, but we'll see how my weight loss goes! My main problem is cutting out the sugar free candies, they are so addicting! Thanks for replying to this guys!

Best of luck!

Jessica

Oh my!! You are 5'6" and your goal is 100 pounds! Am I reading this right??? I thought I was doing good but that makes me feel like a porker. I'm only 5"3 and my goal is 125! Yikes!!

Morgan
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 09:28
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Why on earth are you trying to go below 13% bodyfat. For a woman that can be extreamly unhealthy. Isn't it at 15% bodyfat you stop menstrating? If you get down to 100 it could mean some nasty health sideeffects.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 08:28
Registered Member

Plan: general LC
Stats: 211/186.5/150
BF:?/40%/?
Progress: 40%

Morgan.........every ones body is different........I am 5'4" and when I was down at 137 I looked very unhealthy. My bones must be made of lead or something. If you feel good and look good that is what really matters.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 15:44

Stats: 138/122/115 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan1974
Oh my!! You are 5'6" and your goal is 100 pounds! Am I reading this right??? I thought I was doing good but that makes me feel like a porker. I'm only 5"3 and my goal is 125! Yikes!!

Morgan

I'm 5'4 and my goal is 118lbs. My body really starts to resist weight loss around 125lbs. All the more reason to push my self to the limit to see how far i can get.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 22:16

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibyl
Morgan.........every ones body is different........I am 5'4" and when I was down at 137 I looked very unhealthy. My bones must be made of lead or something. If you feel good and look good that is what really matters.

This is very true! I feel pretty good now (129) but would really like to get down to at least 125; 120 would be nice but don't want to get my hopes up. But, like my sister says..."What good are low hopes?"

Morgan
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 22:20

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtuamor22
I'm 5'4 and my goal is 118lbs. My body really starts to resist weight loss around 125lbs. All the more reason to push my self to the limit to see how far i can get.

Well, my body must resist at 129 because I've been there for a month! I feel like I'm eating really healthy and I'm exercising faithfully everyday. Nope, weight won't budge! Think I'm going to try that CLA since my weight is mostly in my tummy.

Morgan
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 10:46

Stats: 138/122/115 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan1974
Well, my body must resist at 129 because I've been there for a month! I feel like I'm eating really healthy and I'm exercising faithfully everyday. Nope, weight won't budge! Think I'm going to try that CLA since my weight is mostly in my tummy.

Morgan

CLA is awesome I take the liquid formula, pure CLA 3500 mg per half tablespoon.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 02:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 68/?/60 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress:

interesting thread, I don't eat meat, just fish, so this is very motivating.

am currently struggling to get back on the program, but you have convinced me that tomorrow is a brand new day and hope is out there!

morgan, have you had success on CLA? I hope it works, I just received my order of tonalin CLA and hope that it will do something. does it help suppress appetite? do you also take L-carnitine? I have been thinking of buying some but not sure because it is rather pricey.

thanks for all the info guys
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 05:36
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 240/210/155
BF:?
Progress:

Hi what is this CLA everyone is talking about?How does it work? Is it really good for you toi take? Will one of you get back to me please?
Barnrats