Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 11:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/199.2/180 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Question proteins with carbs

Okay Now I feel confused I was just talking with a friend. He told me that I should not be eating my proteins with my carbs Is that right? I have read and reread the book. Maybe I missed something. Please tell me that I am right. I have been eating my salads and my vegies with my proteins. thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 11:41
Registered Member

BF:
Question carbs and proteins

Alright now I found the right place to post this. lol.. I was talking to a friend this morning and he told me that I should not be eating my proteins with my carbohydrates. Which I have been doing. I have read and reread the book and cannot seem to find if I am doing this right. He told me I should be eating my proteins alone. and that I would lose weight faster if I did. Could someone straighten out my mind for me.. I eat my salads and vegies with my proteins. thanks
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 11:54

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

I'm not sure where your friend got his information from, perhaps the slimming world red and green days idea, but on the low carb way of life it is essential to have your carbs with either protein or fat to stop you getting an insulin spike.

You are doing the right thing, keep at it. I'd check out where your colleague got his information from. I'd be surprised if it was from a low carb plan.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 11:55

Stats: 214.9/187/150 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 43%

The guy is confusing Fit for Life and Atkiens. Actually, combining them. Fit for Life suggests that the enzymes that digest our food are different for protien than for carbs, and that eating the two together creates a neutral effect that decreases the efficiency of digestion. It differentiats between carbs and fruit, and vegetables. It suggests eating your meat and veggies and saving the potatoe for later, if I remember correctly. To better understand what he is on about you could get the book out of the library, or they may have a web-site.

Last edited by Beadworker : Tue, Jul-15-03 at 11:57.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 11:59

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Hi, I've just responded to the same question from you in the Atkins board. I am going to amalgamate these two.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 12:01
Registered Member

BF:

I know I posted it in the wrong place Thanks for your answer. Made me feel alot better. thought I had blown it.