Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 01:00

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default New Low Carb Store in North Vancouver

Check the ASDLC thread under UseNets... info is there!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 14:42

BF:

The Low Carb Wellness Centre is opening in North Vancouver tomorrow (Saturday, July 5th), 9 am to 7 pm.

Location is 1270 Marine Drive, North Vancouver
The cross street is Pemberton, located in the same plaza as Save On Foods. Telephone: 604- 980-3394
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 16:32

Plan: Modified Low Carb
Stats: 320/273.8/270 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanyyy
The Low Carb Wellness Centre is opening in North Vancouver tomorrow (Saturday, July 5th), 9 am to 7 pm.

Location is 1270 Marine Drive, North Vancouver
The cross street is Pemberton, located in the same plaza as Save On Foods. Telephone: 604- 980-3394

Great! Will look forward to a report from you jeanyyy as to what all they carry!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 21:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 208/205/150 Female 64 IN
BF:
Progress: 5%

You have a whole STORE?

Man am I jealous

This is a great idea and I bet it will be bombed out. Just goes to show how popular low-carb is getting!!

Cathy
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 22:12

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 270/232/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:Yes, unfortunately
Progress: 32%
Talking

Hello,

My son and I went to the new Low Carb Centre today (North Vancouver), and we were very impressed. The deli was not opened yet, but they are planning that soon. We picked up flax-o-meal cereal, Baja Bob's pina colada mix, Keto ketchup, l/c cookies (with NO soy in them!!), Atkinds Endulge PB cups and some other candies, some FABULOUS tortilla chips, muffin mix, bread mix.

There was a good selection of products/books there, and they are expecting to carry even more soon. Everyone working there was very helpful and knowledgeable. Very pleasant experience!!!

PS - my son LOVED the tortilla chips. I had to ask him to stand back from the free samples I'm sure he ate at least a serving's worth!!!

TTFN,
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-03, 01:17

BF:

Ohhhhhh I'm so jealous!! We tried to get there today, but had other errands that were more "important" (home repair needs, car stuff to pick up, DBF's bday dinner, etc), so didn't get a chance. And tomorrow is more of the same. Oh well, I'll get over there next week by myself (which means I get more time to browse, so not a bad thing)! Glad to hear they have a good assortment of products - just what we need, a one-stop place for shopping!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 12:32
Registered Member

Stats: 146/113/105 Female 4ft 11in
BF:
Progress: 80%

We stopped by the new store yesterday. Its a nicely designed store, not a ton of product but enough for now. I was surprised at the price of the Atkins bars tho, a little high ($42) and $15 for Davinci syrup?? and only a few flavors. I was thrilled to see marshmallows, yum! esp the chocolate covered ones. Bought a few things, I'm glad she opened I just wish she was closer to Tsawwassen tho. Think I'll order off their website while the prices are cheaper there than instore.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 13:12

BF:

$42 for how many bars, Shannon? Yes, the Davinci is cheaper on their website, or was.. It is by far cheaper to drive down to the US for them.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 13:38
Registered Member

BF:

It was $42 for the box of 15 and I don't think she had many flavors either, altough I don't recall for sure. Her online price per box and per bar are the cheapest I've seen anywhere here. By coincidence we went to Costco afterwards and saw they had Atkins bars (3 flavor mix) for $29 a box! Yeah a drive down to Bellingham is cheaper, but Davinci syrup can be bought though JJBeans Coffee for $9 a bottle, $7 for 12.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 13:54

BF:

Davinci Syrups (and Torani) are $3.59 US per 750 mL bottle at the Cash & Carry on Ohio Street, 1 exit past Bellis Fair off I-5. And a TON of flavours! I think the reason the price is so high here in Canada is cos of the shipping charge - those bottles weigh a LOT.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 14:11
Registered Member

BF:

The JJBeans is in Vancouver, so for a Canadian price they're pretty good. We went all over Bellingham (this was a few weeks ago mind you) and didn't find hardly any one who had a good selection of Davinci syrups and none were that cheap. Most places we saw had them at about an average of $10 US a bottle and up and only a handful of flavors, I'll have to check out your place next time we get down there, thanks.

OT sorry, : I got an email saying my inbox here was full, I didn't know I had an inbox, where is it and how do I get into it?
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 14:27

BF:

You go to Profile, then Private Messages. Be sure to check both Inbox and Sent Messages.. I think the max is 10 total.

BTW, the address on Ohio Street is 405 for the Cash & Carry (Smart & Final is their real name, I think). Regular shopping hours, I believe.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 14:41
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Jean, I made a note of the address. Are you familar with Pt Roberts at all? (incase you're not) Its just past Tsawwassen, its a tiny US resort town, one main store lots of gas stations, not a whole lot going on there, but we live practically inches from there and the super market there sells Diet Rite and the low carb beer (found some other Splenda sweetened drinks) if you don't feel like driving all the way to Blaine or Bellingham. Its handy for us anyway and I'm really hoping they bring more low carb stuff in. We have a PO box there and there's places to have Fed Ex and UPS packages delivered (for resonable fees), so ordering from the US has become quite easy for us. Gotta do what we have to to keep this diet going eh?

OT, thanks, but I guess I don't have PM privalges, it says I'm not allowed in?? oh well.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 14:47

BF:

Oh yeah.. you have to have 25 posts first.. If we keep this up, you'll be there in no time! hehe I'm in New West, btw.. Thanks for the info about Pt Roberts - I never even thought of checking there. It's pretty quick for me to go to Bham; I usually cross at Aldergrove because the Safeway is straight down that road (I 539 = Guide Meridien). I have this little route I follow, all the way down Guide Meridien (Safeway, WalMart, Costco, etc) to Bellis Fair/Fred Meyers. As I mentioned, C&C is just one exit more down I-5 so still very do-able for a quick visit. And I haven't had to wait hardly at all at the border, either.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 14:55
Registered Member

BF:

True, we've been a couple of chatty cathy's haven't we. Can't say I'm too pleased about the number 73 beside my body fat %, I left it blank, what's up with that?