Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 17:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/293/175 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Vancouver Island Low Carb

Let's hear it for Quality Foods on Vancouver Island! They have been stocking Ross chocolate bars and Advantage bars for a few months and have now added Atkins Peanut Butter Cups. It looks to me like they're headed in the right direction. If you're in one of their stores might want to take a minute to speak with the manager if he/she's available and let them know it's appreciated.

I used to get most of my low carb stuff at Island Naturals in Nanaimo but for some reason it didn't seem like they wanted to stock Ross chocolates but instead had another very similar brand (can't recall the name right now) and they cost approximately $1.00 more than Ross and are not a BC product which Ross are...so I don't shop there anymore.

The Ross bars are just about always $1.50 each at Quality Foods but if you go on line to qualityfoods.com you can make them your Daily Special (if you have one of their shoppers cards) and then you get them for $1.09 - up to 4 each day. Plus, you can change this Daily Special every day so you can make it the Advantage Bars or whatever you want (no dairy though).

Anyway, just thought I'd let anyone who might be interested in this. I love the Ross bars but do try and limit them to weekends only 'cause I can easily get carried away with them.

(wigglin' 40 lbs. less these days!)

Suzan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 19:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Thanks for the tip about a couple of lowcarb locations on the mid-Island! Is the Quality Foods in Nanaimo as well?

We don't have one that I know of in the Greater Victoria area...
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 07:52
Registered Member

BF:
Default Quality Food Store locations

There are three QF's in Nanaimo, and the others are located in Nanoose, Parksville, Qualicum Beach, Comox and Port Alberni.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 10:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/265/175 Female 5'8" 1/2
BF:

hello from nanaimo! it's my first day, and i was looking for some one to be a buddy who lives in my area... i'm having A bit of troulbe with menu planning on induction... i dont know why i though i could eat veggies and stuff if i was under 20grams of carbs... so now i dont know what to eat lol... any ideas? i have my meal plan for today in the journal section if you wanna take a look... thanks, and hope to hear from you soon
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 13:30
Registered Member

BF:

Hi, Frisee...welcome.

Meals on induction? I seem to remember that I just kept the Atkins book handy at all times and muddled the items you could eat around in my head until I came up with something. I think I did the caesar salad quite often, chicken done different ways with some veggies. Atkins also has other cookbooks and if I remember correctly each recipe will tell you if it's okay on induction or not - that's always helpful. You can also find lots of recipes on the net - I've got lots that I've printed out - try and use different ones as often as I can to keep things interesting.

Also, don't forget your water - very important.

I remember when I first started that I found it a little tough to figure out meals at first as well but before you know it you'll be doing it naturally.

Suzan