Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 06:24

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Anyone doing the Insulin Resistance Diet??

Hello, I am new to this Forum.

I was wondering if anyone else out there is doing the Insulin Resistance Diet?

I am not new to LC-ing. I have been on the CAD diet for 2 1/2 yrs, lost 40 lbs the first 6 months, and have been in a stall the rest of the time. I did go off of CAD twice to try the Atkins and still could not break my stall.

I have been on the Insulin Resistance Diet for not quite 2 weeks and have already seen a new low, so hopefully this diet will work for me. It doesn't look like there are any forums out there that know much about this diet. This is the only place that even mentions the plan.

Would love to hear from others that might be trying this..

Thanks,

Diane
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 14:42

Plan: Insulin Resistance Diet
Stats: 184/149/125 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 59%

I'm doing the IR diet. I also have PCOS and hang out at soulcysters.net. Most of the ladies there are also on the IR diet.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 16:47
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 277/267/160
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Can you say more about IR?

I'd like to hear more about this.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 17:25

BF:

#5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 18:12

BF:

Hi Sourdaisy,

Thank you for the site. I just went in and checked it out. I have been looking for a site where I can ask some questions about the Insulin Resistance Diet. I don't have PCOS, so I am hoping they will let me join.

Thanks again,

Diane
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 22:01

BF:

Dianee, feel free to join soulcysters! I don't think having PCOS is necessary to be a member. Just hang out in the diet and excercise area and ask away. I too have looked for other forums with more IR Diet members and had no luck, so you're not the only one.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 06:50

BF:

Sourdaisy

I have joined the Soulcysters group. Thank you so much. I had contacted the IR Welless Clinic up in Spokane to ask if they knew of a site online and they didn't. This forum was the only one that even mentioned the Insulin Resistance Diet, but it doesn't look like too many people are on it here.

How long have you been on IR and do you like it so far? I have been on IR for 2 weeks. I am not new to LC-ing.. I had been on the CAD plan for 2 1/2 yrs. I lost 40 lbs the first 6 months and nothing since, but I kept with it because at least I was not gaining any of my weight back. I did try the Atkins a couple times but could not lose weight on that plan either. I find the IR diet to be easy to follow and it just makes a lot of sense to me.

I appreciate you letting me know about the Soulcysters group. I think this is going to work just fine for me.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 11:21

BF:

Dianee, I saw your post over there and glad you find it! LOL I've been doing the IR diet for about a month now and have a lost a few pounds, but nothing drastic. Most likely this is because I have PCOS, IR, and am hypothyroid and not on any meds (yet). I find it very doable and often forget I'm on any sort of diet at all. Most people don't notice because I can eat at restaurants, attend pot-lucks, and go to dinner parties without saying a word. I have a thread over there "my hope is slowly dissipating" that has a lot of info in it if you haven't seen it yet.

And you're totally welcome! I hang over there more often than here because it really helps when fellow posters are following the same eating plan. I use this site as a resource, though, especially when finding recipes and lc substitues of favorite foods.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 11:47

BF:

Thanks Sourdaisy..

I haven't seen your post yet over there, but will go and look for it. Do you use the same user name as the one here?? I will go and scout it out.

You haven't been on the IR much longer then I have. I started around June 18th.. I too am a very slow loser. I never have read much on PCOS, but find it interesting. As I scanned some of the symptoms, it appears as I have quite a few of them. After the 4th is over and I don't have as much going on, I want to read a little more on this. I never thought about me having this but, it sure is a BIG possiblity..

Thanks for you help.