Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 08:38
Registered Member

Plan: No particular plan
Stats: 85/90/93
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Donuts/Brownies

I haven't heard much about them, so I was wondering if anyone else had tried Synergy Diet's low carb donuts/brownies. I am absolutely addicted to the chocolate covered/raspberry jelly filled donuts. They have a wonderful texture, and the dark chocolate is just delicious, though I wish the donut part was a bit sweeter. The powdered donuts are kind of like cardboard, however, and upon receiving a free sample of their brownies last week, I promptly gagged and threw them out! Ick! The brownies have a HORRIBLE aftertaste. Are there any readymade low carb brownies that actually taste good?

Funny, I didn't even like donuts that much before going low carb--I ate them maybe once a year--but now I REALLY, really wish that these low carb bakeries would come out with a variety of different donuts. French cruellers, for example, and things that are glazed.. oh, the possibilities. Don't you think they'd sell really well? I mean, people like donuts, right?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 08:43
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I personally really like the Atkins brownie mix BUT I really recommend that if you have an issue with brownies and or donuts. Cut them out completely or eat one only after a big and fat filled satisfying meal.

Our minds create most of this obsessive eating and there are so many other things to enjoy.

Try LC cheesecake or protein powder pancakes.

Unless you have total portion control, you are asking for trouble.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 13:25
Registered Member

Plan: No particular plan
Stats: 85/90/93
BF:
Progress: 63%

Well, my problem isn't lack of portion control, it's too much of it! I'm supposed to be gaining weight, after all, and trying to eat more "normally," but eating foods that resemble normal things that regular people eat on an everyday basis is more difficult when trying to follow a low carb diet. It took me several months to conquer my fear of donuts before I actually forced myself to try one of the low carb donuts I'm slowly working up to cheesecake...

I was actually looking for ready-made brownies, rather than a mix that you have to bake in the oven. I guess they don't have very many of those--we low carbers have to toil away in the kitchen!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 13:27
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

If you want I have used the hersheys cocoa brownie recipe before and it wasn't bad (although not as good as the mix in my opinion).

Just substitute Atkins bake mix for flour, splenda for sugar and I added a bit of almond extract to mask the fake sugar taste (that I personally have issues with).

You can really modify lots of recipes!