Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 17:21

Plan: modified atkins/general lc
Stats: 183/156/145 Female 5'2
BF:43%/31%/22%
Progress: 71%
Default feeling fat

Today for some reason after changing to go work out I looked at myself and said "how did you ever let yourself go this far?" to myself. It's not that I'm so depressed or unhappy It just really amazes me, that's all Has anyone else had this magical but strange revelation popping up? I guess it's motivation to work out more. I have been running, stairclimbing and lifting weights and following a 20-30 grams of carbs a day plan. It is such a slow and tedius journey but this forum is such a great outlet and support group.

bye for now
Kat
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 17:32

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%

I did before and that is what got me started
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 17:53

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Every time I look at myself naked in the mirror I have mixed emotions. On the one hand I feel like you described...how in the world did this happen...where was I when this fat started piling on....why didn't I care then before it got SO bad????? But I'm also starting to think too, in the same moment...wow, there doesn't seem to be as much fat hanging there today...ooo, my butt looks a little nicer today...hhhmmm my face looks younger already!!!! This took some time, because when I started this woe I had not REALLY looked at myself in the mirror in a LONG time (too depressing). So I had to wait awhile before I started noticing the changes. And you will too, if you haven't already. Just try to dwell on the positive changes this woe has provided. Look at yourself in the mirror and think....I feel-and look-less fat! And you're right, it is motivation when you REALLY look at yourself!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 18:41
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I go back and forth. I'll catch my reflection in a store window or the tv and think "By gods, I am huge." But on the other hand today I am wearing my SO's shorts comfortably (34 waist) and I am starting to notice more of a waist line and less baggy post preggy hanging tummy. Still don't don't like the naked me fully in the mirror, and I really hate it when I get sweat in that fold under belly and have to use powder or it iches, but there is improvement.

Still can't do my 8 minute abs tape though withuot pain and stopping short. I wonder if my poor abs will ever be the same
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 19:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/216.5/169
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi all,

I swore to myself that I would never get as big as my mom when I was younger, and I find myself having the exact same shape and weight. Ugh!!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 19:45

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

As the scale went EVEN higher tonight and I'm 11 lbs larger than I have ever been I freaked out and couldn't believe I've let myself get this far. Definitely asked how I've let it happened. But what can you do but keep working.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 20:26

Plan: here and there since 11/02
Stats: 233/?/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 24%

...it is kind of strange... it is like i woke up one day.... Why didn't i see it coming? Was i not paying attention???

Moon-... yah... i used to think that ... and now i am bigger than her....

In time it will allll change!

take care,
M-
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 20:40

Plan: modified atkins/general lc
Stats: 183/156/145 Female 5'2
BF:43%/31%/22%
Progress: 71%
Default thanks guys!!

Thank you to everyone for their posts. It's so interesting to see how much we all have in common!!

#9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 20:54
Doctor Dirt

Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

I HAVE had those revelations -- especially since starting the LC thing. But what I find strange is -- why am I harder on myself NOW than I was when I was 10 pounds heavier (before I started Atkins?). It's almost like I didn't REALLY look at myself back then. I mean, this morning I was hating the rolls of fat on my back and then I thought, "how come I never noticed them before? They've been there for years."

Don't get me wrong -- I'm HAPPY that I'm looking at myself more realistically now that I've decided to do something about it. But why was I so "blind" before??

Jeannie
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 20:54

Stats: 332/283/175 Female 5' 9  "
BF:
Progress: 31%
Smile I can relate!

The worst is when somone hands you a picture that has you in it and they tell you that the picture is 'wonderful '-then realize that actually you look like the fat lady in the circus. The part that is even worse is that until that moment you thought you looked ok.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 21:31
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 000
BF:
Progress: 38%

FAT.
I look in the mirror and I see FAT.
I don't wonder how I became fat. I know how. Getting fat is the one thing in life I have MASTERED! LOL!
Seriously...I don't blame...and I don't blame myself. That would be very unproductive and a waste of time and emotion. It just does not matter how I got fat.
I evaluate the situation...do damage control...realize I am a fatso...and then go about the business of this WOL.
Eventually, I will no longer be fat.
Then...I will look in the mirror and finally see ME! The me I see in my mind. Same thing is true of AGE. I am 46. But in my mind I am still 21 and I still "think" young.
Its all a matter of what you can see in the mind.
Then...catching up to that damn "image"! LOL!
Best to all;
Jake
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 21:58

Stats: 158/147/125
BF:
Progress: 33%

I have always tought I was fat even when I wasn't. Now, I would give anything to be back where I used to be. I am going to get there. I promise. It may take some time, but it is going to happen. I am going to stick to Atkins for life.